Great Save!! ZO6! Or Lucky, depending on how you see it.

It had to be some oil....Even at 563 hp, I don't think it'd get upset that bad...

Haven't confirmed it but it had to be oil....

How long did it take him to get the seat cushion pulled out of his ass? Looks like it would have gotten sucked up there pretty deep.

If I had to pick a fluid, I would say antifreeze ..... Hitting oil on the big end, when the car is out of the peak power band usually don't go that direction ... That is unless its a good amount ...

Pop's z06 dynoed 455 hp with nothing more than an exhaust and x-pipe. The car can get side ways up to 80 mph. A middle of the road cam, intake, tune, and a set of headers will have this car making the kind of hp reported in the thread and would be a tire shredding machine especially if that was on stock style tires.

Regarding the out of peak power band comment I assure you even a stock z06 would be very much in the meat of it's power band on the other end still pulling quite hard; pleanty so to put the car out of shape at the big end.

Looks to me like he just started spinning tires during the 2/3 shift. With a 7000rpm red line and 3.42 gears you don't shift into 4th until right around the 1000 mark

Last edited:
Pop's z06 dynoed 455 hp with nothing more than an exhaust and x-pipe. The car can get side ways up to 80 mph. A middle of the road cam, intake, tune, and a set of headers will have this car making the kind of hp reported in the thread and would be a tire shredding machine especially if that was on stock style tires.

Regarding the out of peak power band comment I assure you even a stock z06 would be very much in the meat of it's power band on the other end still pulling quite hard; pleanty so to put the car out of shape at the big end.

Looks to me like he just started spinning tires during the 2/3 shift. With a 7000rpm red line and 3.42 gears you don't shift into 4th until right around the 1000 mark

I've not driven one so I'm sure you are right... It just looked like it happened so fast...

But I did him get in / out of the throttle on the 1/2 shift as well...

Lucky None the less!!!

We had the same exact situation at our track here in Bradenton. But with a older vette. Except he had a few more spins. But he kept it outta the wall also. It was def. something i will never forget.

I've not driven one so I'm sure you are right... It just looked like it happened so fast...

But I did him get in / out of the throttle on the 1/2 shift as well...

Lucky None the less!!!

Yeah, he spun bad in that 1/2 shift I would imagine he did get out.

These cars are much different than their c5 counterparts were. The old c5s you could take your hand off the wheel and bang the gears with no problems, these c6 versions you have to steer and drive. Probably a combination of the new aluminum chassis and nearly 100"s more motor and heads that flow over 100cfm more with huge valves!!!

axle shaft let go?

Hopefully not. The tri-pod joints on the first cars were notorious crap. One episode of wheel hop and BOOM. We busted pop's on the 6th time down the track. They warrantied it knowing the car was broken on the race track unlike any other gm car i've had experience with which was good.

Those tri-pod joints were later beefed up in all cars; pop's recieved the upgraded unit when his car went. He was number 5 or so on the list with Kerbek when he bought his so i'm thinking his was one of the first production cars given Kerbek recieved the first batch of these i'm 90% sure.

He sure didn't look to be in complete panic mode. note when he was going to the left side wall, got smart real quick and got off the brakes

I'd say he's been loose like that a few times before in that car.

Looked like the car was driving itself for a moment, but he reacted pretty well there at the end. Kept it from hitting the wall on his left. Was that at Reynolds?

Lucky for sure, but a lot of that looked like it was driving also.

Yeah I was there when that happened and from where I was standing it looked like he had tagged the wall

I couldn't tell if that was Reynolds or not... I'm thinking not...

Anyone??

Back