grimlin

james9999

On an 03 not right after start up but once u get going the instrament panel will go blank all but ebrake light check ABS light and it says service airbags service breaks any idea guys IV searched and found nothing

It an 03 4x4 auto pretty much stock other than a hyper tech programmer it had sane as new batteries

03-05 were known for crappy clusters, not sure what really goes bad all the time (mine had bad stepper motors), it could be shorting out. Try swapping it out with another cluster.

It might depend on whats wrong, but I sent mine to USspeedo. For $125 they fixed everything on mine.

From your description, I would start off with doing a reset of the on board modules. Disconenct both batteries, turn the key to run, go out and touch the 2 positive and negative battery cable ends to each other for 30 seconds to kill the keep alive memory, turn the key off, reconnect the batteries, and start it up and see if that works. I just had to help a friend last week with an 03 and the guages not working, and this fixed it. If that doesn't do it, then you need to put a scanner on it and make sure teh data is being sent and receieved to the cluster as the description of what you say teh cluster is doing is that of the data bus being shorted. I know on the 01-02's it was fairly common for the ABS module to get shorted underneath and cause all kinds of wierd issues. teh 03-05 cluster issues was to deal with the stepper motors going bad, haven't ever heard of the cluster just going dead like that before except when the data bus gets shorted.

Back