Ground my fuel pin now my truck idles high?

JoeCochrane83

Ground my fuel down to a needle base is stock and I tapered it down to just enough to have the structure to not break. When I fired the truck up it idles well over 1000 rpm now checked the linkage and its closing all the way so what did I screw up?

Negative. Just max fuel afc and the pin

Lack of camas had me confused with what your trying to get across. So your saying you maxed your fuel, did you afc mods, and ground your pin?? If so you need to turn you idle screw down to compensate for the fuel increase.

Now if you already had your pump turned up, and all you did was grind your pin, and just doing so increased your idle, you have a problem that is outta my intelligence. Lol

Thanks sutter..........yes, if you turned up your fuel screw (or power screw) it will raise your idle.

Yeah turned idle down good to go now thanks guys. I gave my star wheel maxed pin ground down needle thin and fuel screw just shy of run away. But it lets a lil decent puff out when I stab the throttle and cleans right up. From what others describe I thought it would fuel a lot harder with those mods.

Say: "Comma"

:doh:

wikipedia said:
A cama is a hybrid between a male dromedary camel and a female llama, and has been produced via artificial insemination at the Camel Reproduction Centre in Dubai.[1] The first cama was born on January 14, 1998. The aim was to create an animal capable of higher wool production than the llama, with the size and strength of a camel and a cooperative temperament.

:D

Last edited:
I don't spell em', I use them, lol. But thank you for letting me know what a cama is.
Sounds like llamas are a pain in the ass to deal with. Lol

Anyways pump is maxed fuel screw is just shy of runaway star wheel is about a quarter turn from max and the pin is needle thin. Everything else is stock. Truck will let out a big cloud of smoke off the line but then it clears right up. Seems like others describe there trucks fueling much harder than mine when they do all the free mods.

Back