gsk adjustment more clicks= more or less rpms

kmkdiesel

I seen a lot of people say different on this subject, but when adjusting a gsk kit when you put more clicks in it or tighten it up does it lower your rpms or does it raise them. I was under the impression and what I have seen the looser you run them the more rpms you will get, and the tighter you run them or more clicks the lower the rpms will go.

More Clicks = More RPMs and better throttle response

just did mine a few weeks ago!

I havent played with them too much, just usually adjust 2-3 clicks and leave them at that, but I have never adjusted them a bunch on a truck to see a difference, they usually were set pretty good the first time so I left them, be. But i was told the opposite then, I cant remember who it was that told me that though, but I outta kick them in the nuts.

More rpm but also more touchy throttle and easier to get into governor bounce.

More rpm but also more touchy throttle and easier to get into governor bounce.

You mean lopy idle?

I think it depens of yourpump setup, mine are very tight and it still have idle lope.

You mean lopy idle?

I think it depens of yourpump setup, mine are very tight and it still have idle lope.

In my experience the idle will lope more and quick inputs of throttle can result in the governor bouncing creating more/less advance of the rack in cyclic fashion causing the truck to jerk back and forth until you let out of the throttle.

The last three stock trucks I played with, tightening the stock governor springs 2 clicks resulted in a few hundred more RPM and raised the idle 100 to 150 rpm.

On my 95' Junker with Pac Brake 4K springs, it would free rev 3800 rpm with 1 soft plus 4 hard clicks. Idle was about 50-75 rpm higher than stock. Took the springs up to 6 hard clicks each side, free revs to 4150 rpm and idles much higher, around 1100 to 1150 rpm.

In all cases, tighter springs raised the idle, improved the bottom end, increased the RPM range, and made the throttle more touchy. I haven't gone tight enough on any GSK to experience governor bounce but I'm sure it's possible.

I tighten my stockers down to were it free rev to 3100 idle jumped to 1500 set it back down to 800 , I really like it but 4ks are going in

Back