GT4094VNT - school me on this piece

LtEng5

so looking at a bigger turbo for a new motor build. want to stay with a single and VGT. I have sen many people runing this turbo and happy with the results. I am confused with some of the details of this unit, thou.

Garret uses exducer diameter to size its turbos, but yet almost everybody uses inducer diameter to size turbos. what is a comparable turbo to this unit as for inducer size. I see some retailers selling a 66mm, 68mm or even a 71mm "cheeta" turbo; which uses inducer measures but no exducer measures. also in the competition classes whether sled puling or drag racing use inducer diameters for class division.

so; can you see my confusion to all this.

the truck will be a daily driver with towing duties from campers to race trailers. the short block will be stock bore and stroke with LBZ rods on delipped LB7 pistons. stock cam. top end will be ported LBZ heads with RDL cast flow headers and 2" up pipes. 4" down pipe to 5" full length exhaust - no Kitty, EGR delete. I will be retaining the grid heater in stock location ( for now; I am debating building a better flowing tube/pipe from the cold side of the CAC thru he grid heater into the Y bridge ). Injectors will be 40% units - unkown vendor as of yet.

I do run EFI Live and have multiple tunes for a stock LBZ and I will be building a DSP5 set of tunes for the new motor. just no tunes for a larger turbo/injector motor.

4094 is a great choice as far as my research has told me, I'd look at Danville. There 68 and 72mm 4094's make some great power with excellent drivability. I'm still undecided between either the 68 or 72mm Danville 4094 or the sdp twin kit witch utilizes the stock turbo paired with a s475. If your looking for better dmax advice I recommend going over to either duramaxforum or duramax diesels .com

Back