GT55 buy it or not?

Str8jacket

Can get my hands on a GT55 new for a good price, has a billet comp wheel (from OEM Detroit diesel) and a 1.12 a/r T6 exhaust. Wondering if its worth putting on the shelf for a rainy day?

I've only got a VE pumped 6bt at the moment but if I upgrade in the future to a big set of twins what fuel system would I need P pump or is it getting into ISB territory? would still be only for a street truck and a bit of drag racing.

Rough measurements are 84mm comp ind 100-102 exhaust exducer.

Should I take it or leave it?

Last edited:
Are you sure its a 55 and not a 47?

Just going off what I could find on a part number search and the compilation thread says?

80965599 = GTA5523BN

Compilation thread says

84/123 comp wheel
111.5/102 turbine

Seems to match up?

Keep in mind that billet wheel is tailored to high pressure ratio and not low pressure flow....so it won't make as much LP flow as the comp map on the Garrett website would indicate (that would be the current general purpose wheel).

It's still a good piece, don't get me wrong.

Keep in mind that billet wheel is tailored to high pressure ratio and not low pressure flow....so it won't make as much LP flow as the comp map on the Garrett website would indicate (that would be the current general purpose wheel).

It's still a good piece, don't get me wrong.

I havent measured boost on that series engine for ages so I cant remember what it is exactly, but I dont think I will need its full potential.

Any thoughts on fuel system requirements? I am on the lookout for a p pump motor, there was a complete isb for $8k, well out of my price range at this stage.

Anyone know a part number for a divided exhaust housing to suit gt55? Prefer non gated but not fussy.

Back