GTI build has started

I saw pics of a r32 Gti with the 3.2 that he turbo'd with a s591single turbo with a .85 housing :D

Said final goal was 1100hp

Good Lord. Thats ridiculous.

So had some promising results. Hooked up the new ecu. Learned that even though the pump loses power a few seconds after its qa sweep, it gets powered up again during cranking. And the car is trying super hard to start on fuel with no ether. Gonna try to get the glow plugs working today, this 20* might be whats keeping it from starting now.

it is still trying to flood the motor while starting, so it runs away as soon as it fires. It is not running away or smoking as bad as it was before, the smoke is more of a dark dark grey now. I have found two things that I don't like the looks of so far. One is the throttle position sensor reads 5% at at rest, the other is that the cold start injector, which I have no idea how it works, or what it actually is, is reading 95%. Does that mean it is trying to run almost full throttle while cranking?

0b52e254ad3bfbd9a3eaab5a928936a3.jpg

Does the 109 relay convert voltages or anything special? Right now I'm just using a regular old 4 pin relay in place of the 109. If that is causing bad voltages in the pump circuit, I know that can make the pump go full throttle.<br/>

So I guess the relay is of no concern. For the TPS, I've learned the gasser pedal's can't be used because the potentiometer's aren't the same, and could cause the ecu to default to full throttle.

So, can I use any year tdi pedal assembly, or just the year of the ecu, or do different years have different plug styles?

I would try a TDI alh pedal. Try to get the same year as ecu or wiring.

Yeah. The TDIclub guys are starting to warm up to me. They're giving me good information now. I guess any alh pedal will work. Supposedly it was random cars with no pattern that had different plugs. I have no proof of that though. Yet. LOL

Yes. By design the fuel collar covers the spill port fully at 400rpms and less. Once over 400rpms the gov has enough force to overcome the gov spring. That's how we get full fuel at startup.

Does anyone know what will happen if I just unplug the TPS? My idea is to unplug it and see if the car will idle right, so I can know for sure that was the full fuel problem.<br/>

Oops, I thought I mentioned that. Reads 5% at rest, 95% at full throttle. I already have a Tdi pedal on the way

New question. I may just start a new thread for this.

To start, I know dropping the adaptation number will raise the mg/str number, and will lower fuel. I just don't know how much. Since the car doesn't actually start yet, I don't know how much to adjust it. I know stock adaptation number is 32768, and stock mg/str should be 3-5 at operating temp.. We've tried everything from 15000 to 32760, in both blocks 1 and 5 on vcds. Managed to cut the smoke down, but also raised the mg/str as high as 48 lol. Definitely not right.

Question. Those of you running big pump and/or big injectors, what are your injection quantity numbers set at? Maybe I was adjusting way too much thinking the adaptation number to fuel amount relationship was linear?

Last edited:
These are the current settings. With these, it will try to start, but won't without ether. Once started, it idles for about 4 seconds, and then stalls. Smokes black. Fills the garage with smoke.

a70e2a89a75384e1754e44d5a7cd73e2.jpg

53fcb912f8ae217a67162bc240d38488.jpg

2 more weird problems. When I pull the relay for the fuel pump that is left over from the gas stuff, the fuel pump still runs lol.

Also, anyone know which fuse this is? When I pull it, both fans turn on, even with the ignition off.

Its the 10amp

0872675c4b15743d2814181bd9e5ee2b.jpg

Back