GTX for 37 Framed Chargers

kazairl

When I was at the ATS Diesels on the mountain I was talking to the Garrett Distributor there. I can't remember the name of the company. I have their card somewhere.

Anyways, The guy I talked to said that that Garrett was supposed to Expand their lineup of GTX wheels to include the Gt3788R. He said it might happen within the next couple months but due to the fact that most of the wheels were made in Japan they were being delayed.

Has anyone else heard anything about this?

the 3788 only has a 1mm larger wheel then the gtx3582... if they did come out with a gtx wheel the gains over the 35 would probably be small

If the wheels stay roughly the same size, you don't think the 5.5mm larger exducer of the compressor wheel and the larger turbine will have any effect?

Plus, I already have a Stage 3 Powermax which I'm pretty sure is a 3788. It would be a nice upgrade without having to buy another charger.

Last edited:
If the wheels stay roughly the same size, you don't think the 5.5mm larger exducer of the compressor wheel and the larger turbine will have any effect?

Plus, I already have a Stage 3 Powermax which I'm pretty sure is a 3788. It would be a nice upgrade without having to buy another charger.

here's a map comparison of the standard 3582 and 3788. now imagine what the difference will be like in the gtx series and decide if its worth it lol

I always wondered why the 88 wheel had such a sucky compressor map. Doesn't seem to make sense. Oh well even if a GTX wheel in the 3788 is comparable to the GTX3582 then it would be a nice upgrade to the 3788 I already have. I'd rather buy a new Compressor wheel and housing than have to buy a whole new turbo.

I always wondered why the 88 wheel had such a sucky compressor map. Doesn't seem to make sense. Oh well even if a GTX wheel in the 3788 is comparable to the GTX3582 then it would be a nice upgrade to the 3788 I already have. I'd rather buy a new Compressor wheel and housing than have to buy a whole new turbo.

If your stage three is like my stage two 3782R, then the generic GT3788R and subsequent upgrades won't work with the current turbine housing, since the generic ones use a v-band I believe, not the bolted flange like the powermax turbos. Now if you're just looking into a wheel swap, then thats another matter.

From the conversation I had it would be a simple swap of the compressor wheel and compressor housing. He recommended to have the CHRA rebalanced but that is it. I am really going to have to find his card...

Gtx wheels are not availible as an upgrade p/n. You will be buying a whole new turbo if you want the gtx wheel.

That's what I thought earlier but conflicting information is making my head spin.

That's what I thought earlier but conflicting information is making my head spin.

Be patient we are trying to get GTX wheels and upgrade covers for a few chargers. Takes time to get them to release these things.

Yeah... never was one of my better traits. :lolly: But I guess if I must I must.

Back