gtx4294r single

osiris

Hey guys/gals I am getting ready to install a gtx4294 turbo on my pickup. Current mods are as follows:
-2006 dodge ram 2500 4x4
-arp 2000s
-helix 2 cam
-banks cai and intake horn
-goerend trans (stock stall)
-flux 2.5s
-10mm stroker from motorsport diesel
-coolant bypass
-66/71/14

I originally thought about using this turbo as a low pressure in a small twins build with a htt 62/64/14, but from talking to a few people it seems that it will fall short of my goals(700-750). Now I am leaning towards running this turbo as a single. The housing on the turbo is 1.15 t4 I have no idea what that translates into other than bigger than what I currently have. How do you guys think spool up will be compared to my current 66mm charger. I have the option of getting a gt40series housing machined to fit the 42 that i have and I believe it has a .85 housing on it. I would like to hear your thoughts on both the twins setup I was thinking about and the single setup I was thinking about.

Thanks in advance guys

A gt40 .85 will choke it to death. With a CR id say you'll be fine with the 1.15a/r. A 1.01 would probably suite you much better unless it's a competition only rig. New or used turbo?

A gt40 .85 will choke it to death. With a CR id say you'll be fine with the 1.15a/r. A 1.01 would probably suite you much better unless it's a competition only rig. New or used turbo?

Brand new in the box. Only reason I have the 1.15 housing now is becuase I was thinking about small compounds. This truck is daily driven but doesn't tow...

I think a T4 1.01 would make that a pretty livable turbo. A 0.85 GT40 housing would make it surge like a mother and kill the top end. I ran my GT4202R with a T6 1.01 and it would light around 2500 rpm. Add in a cammed CR and a T4 housing, it would be significantly better.

995bc368.jpg

Geez mr garret.. You have any extra gt42 turbine housings laying around you don't want?

My name is written on those turbos...by preschool rules they are mine. So...I guess ship them when you get some free time.

LOL:D.

What do you think that turbo would light around w a 1.01 housing? Think it would be comparable to my 66?

Your stock stall is gonna kill you. Need a few more hundred rpm to get on top of the charger.

The 1.01 would be the only way to id run one on the street.

I was under the impression that a tighter tc would spool better? Would spool be similar to when I had 50s and no programming? That really wasn't too bad..

Ahall- lemme think if I am going to try to run it as a single or sell it. I would be interested in that trade...

Tighter converter allows the engine to rev higher and produce more exhaust volume. Street manners go up drastically with correct stall. I'd say that turbo would make some serious power as a single and spool pretty good relatively speaking.

Let me know on the trade.

Back