guess what broke this time

biged681985

Arklahoma Bombers
i pulled out from a stop sign earlier today, and when it shifted into second, the back tires started to spin, i was only at half throttle on a wet road, was not driving hard, well when it broke lose, i let off the throttle all the way, and when it caught, i heard a loud bang. now i dont have any gears, but park still works.

my guess is the input shaft since park still works.

what all needs to be done when one breaks, i know input shaft, and ill send the TC off to get checked ad stuff, but does the pump need changed?

If the shaft was a clean break you can just change the shaft, but you could have taken the pump out also. Need to get it apart and see how bad it is and where it broke.

it will be tommorow or saturday before i get started on it. i hope its a clean break.

Wet roads and spinning tires will do it every times, sounds like you and I have about the same kind of luck. Hope it turns out for the best.

Roads were dry and I was barely on the fuel when I turned $1400 worth of billet parts into scrap...

well, the trans is sittin in the floor. i pulled the transfer case off before i pulled the trans, and it looked fine, i can put it in 4wd and when u spin the input, to the transfer, both the front and rear spin. well the out put shaft looks fine, couldent spin it with it in park sittin there. so out comes the trans, pull the TC off the front, input shaft looks good, no problems, put it in gear, when u spin the input, out put turns. what do yall think it might be now?

i went back down, and messed with it for just a minute earlier, and on the input shaft, u can move it up and down, and also spin it and feel it grinding. my dad was the one who was messing with the front of the trans, so may still be the input

band? strut? flux capacitor?

Neither a band or band strut will cause the loss of all gears.

well, the trans is sittin in the floor. i pulled the transfer case off before i pulled the trans, and it looked fine, i can put it in 4wd and when u spin the input, to the transfer, both the front and rear spin. well the out put shaft looks fine, couldent spin it with it in park sittin there. so out comes the trans, pull the TC off the front, input shaft looks good, no problems, put it in gear, when u spin the input, out put turns. what do yall think it might be now?

I'd bet the input is still broke. Pull the front of the trans apart and assess the damage.

well got it apart, and found that the hub had cracked, resulting in the splines to strip.

Back