Guys that race or high HP street trucks

Sorry if this seems to be a thread jack, but same question as OP, but around 6-700hp.

How long would a well built 47r/48r(any builder, I'm not familiar with who does them) last at those levels?? Converter,clutches etc??

I'm aware it depends on the driver too, but a rough idea if it can be done??

I have 100k on my fully built trans with a lot of 15 to 25lb launches and my trans is still running strong. Pretty sure I am running on borrowed time but will see how long I can get out of her. All has been 650+hp.

What's your guys opinion on converters? longevity? Who makes some of the best ones?

i have a goerend triple in my 2.5 puller/street truck, been in there for two years (granted, only driven once a month) but not had one issue out it, plus great customer service, good people all around, i highly recommend Dave to anyone in the diesel automatic market...

I made it 75k last rebuild...broke the input, pump, and tc when it happened. Clutches where fine. I think it would last even longer now with the improved phat shaft shaft. My old one had 100k on it.

What about temps and what are you guy doing for cooling.
What is before an after 1/4 mile temps?
What temps is a 45 mile drive going to run?
Single cooler with fan, stock trans cooling, remote (rear mount or frame mount w/without fan)?

What about temps and what are you guy doing for cooling.
What is before an after 1/4 mile temps?
What temps is a 45 mile drive going to run?
Single cooler with fan, stock trans cooling, remote (rear mount or frame mount w/without fan)?

as far as temps go, we all know that that is the worst enemy to an auto trans, the stock cooler isnt quite up to par, i personally run a secondary cooler, dont really know if it helps but i havent ever seen anything over 180* myself (that was with heavy load), and for the 1/4 mile temps im not a drag race person.... overall, cooler the better though! IMO at least a stocker blown through clear of anything, with a fan...

went from 355 to 992 with the same trans over 3yrs and looked perfect when i tore it down the day after my 992hp dyno pull.

i had a B&M super cooler with grey pushlock hose and AN fittings, zip tied to the rad the whole time and never seen over 180°. would get to 150ish quick with the high stall i had the last 8mo or so but never seen over 180°

Back