H-11 headstuds breaking!!!!!

What the hell do you know about power? Don't you have a basketball team to coach or something. Hahahah

What the hell do you know about power? Don't you have a basketball team to coach or something. Hahahah

yep, that is why crap is always breaking!!! think i got hit with a ball or something!:what: anyway, bryce said they had never had anybody send a broken H-11 stud back.

On a different note, how did i miss you at TS? I was only there for a lil while friday and went to indy for a ball tourney.

My arp. 625s are at 165lbs and I have never had a problem with them. Have them in 3 of my trucks. Had problems with the others though

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

yep, that is why crap is always breaking!!! think i got hit with a ball or something!:what: anyway, bryce said they had never had anybody send a broken H-11 stud back.

On a different note, how did i miss you at TS? I was only there for a lil while friday and went to indy for a ball tourney.

Good question. I heard you bailed early , bummed I didn't get to see ya. Miss ya buddy!!

Alright I am gonna back each one off one at a time and retorque to 130. Any key that has done this, do I take the nut and washer off and relube? Also, do I heat the motor up and recheck or the gasket is already crushed so it won't after? What about valve lash? I don't think it will change enough but didn't know.

Sorry I missed your call yesterday, Jimmy. Tried to call ya back but you must have actually been doing something at work for once LOL I would say definitely re-lube the nuts and washers before retorquing. I doubt it will have any effect on lash but it wouldn't hurt to check a few of them afterwards just to make sure.

Alright had my torque wrench tested and it tested on the what I consider good side. At 140lbs mine was reading 135, so not as bad as I thought, but still gonna retorque.

Ok, so I talked with A1 today about this and they are gonna get Haisley to send me 6 new studs to put on exhaust side and lube the whole stud to try and give it a protective film cause I have some either heat marks or corrosion marks on the studs where they have broke but his suggestion was to replace each of the 6 on the exhaust side and torque to 130 and leave all of the others at 140. I am a little nervous over leaving all the others at that level but guess I will find out. I will upload a pic in a minute of the studs that broke.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338931783.448550.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1338931809.904363.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1338931825.367419.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1338931838.984999.jpg

Sorry about quality took with my phone.

It broke from the red paint LOL

This is making me think twice about my head stud purchase now. I was going to get the 12mm h11s and not spend the crazy money on the 625s but this engine is made to last hopefully so it's looking like 12mm a1s might be out of the build sheet. Crap

They are some strange marks on those studs. Almost looks like they are scorched from a head gasket failure. I had a set of A-1's in a 6.0 that got burnt up pretty bad from gasket leaks and one broke backing it off. Popped like a fire cracker.

They are some strange marks on those studs. Almost looks like they are scorched from a head gasket failure. I had a set of A-1's in a 6.0 that got burnt up pretty bad from gasket leaks and one broke backing it off. Popped like a fire cracker.

i also am wondering what the marks are from, i sent pics to the guy from A1, the truck only has 2k on it but i am not having any other trouble including no loss of antifreeze or anything in the oil, truck runs great. these are the studs located next to the exhaust manifold, the guy from A1 said to lube up the whole stud good to keep from corrosion and extreme heat. not saying i don't have a headgasket failure but the head is oringed and it hasn't seen over 30 psi of boost. the truck is lucky if it makes 350 horsepower but i know this doesn't mean i could not have a problem. guess we'll see.

Jimmy how about a picture of the stud looking right at the broken part. If that is not the same color all the way through then that tells us something. If things crack first then fail you can see it in the cross section of the stud. Also if it shows twist marks the stud was giving up the ghost when it was torqued to start with.

i will try to take one of the ends tomorrow but not sure how good they will be because i tried to use them to take the others out and then the guy at the machine shop took a file to one to guess how hard they were and he guessed real close just by dragging the file over it for sound, i was impressed any way. i didn't see the twist marks unless i don't know what i am looking at.