Haisley large cam question

hondarider

I came across a good deal on a new haisley large cam and was wondering if anyone who drag races is using one or if it would not work. I am building a 12v f250 and when it comes to cams I'm a little green. Any help would be great!

specs on the cam? we are going to need more info than what you just gave.

I'm sure it is the large intermediate cam that is a 234/254-105. The billet "big truck pull cam" is like 1800$. I could be wrong but that's how it use to be. I know squat about drag racing but I don't see why that cam wouldn't work. I ran it and liked it. I just switched to a Hamilton billet cam when I had a motor malfunction.

From searching around all I could find is pullers use it. I was going to go with a smaller cam but this one is a deal I think is too good to pass just want to make sure it will work.

its not the cast version is it? if so I would not run that cam as they are known to break

The new versions have a bearing on the snout that fits in the front cover that supposedly will stop the breakage. Mine snapped when the Trans let loose and the motor over revved. Mine didn't have the extra support though.

Could be. I was gun shy for shure which is why I went billet. But until the drivetrain crapped out I never had no problem.

Can you tell us what you are doing to the motor, turbo, porting, fuel, ect. That would make it easier to help you.

Head is fire ringed and ported. Swirl cut valves and dual valve springs with good keepers and retainers. Rotating assembly is getting balanced. Aftermarket pushrods. Head studs, main studs and rod bolts. Turbo is going to start out with a bigger single and go from there. Pump is 215 with comp cut dvs and 5ks. Injectors I'm still trying to figure out which size to go with. But injectors and turbo will most likely change frequently until I have a nice setup that I'm happy with.

It will probably work ok. The two main factors will be how much does your head flow, and how big of a turbo, and how good of a turbo. The better these two things are the better the cam will work.
If it is a 105 LSA, it would not be my first choice for a drag racing application. It is definitely something they used in pulling.

Yea that's what I have been finding out. Seems like it's more of a pulling cam.

I think you will be fine running it in a drag truck. Since it is a cam made on a ugl blank, it is not just a stock regrind cast cam. So if you want a
True billet cam I would understand that. Here is what Haisley has posted about it on their website. They mention driving it on the street. Going off the cams performance specs I think it would be fine. If all else fails call Haisley or Scheids and ask them. They both sell the same cam

C4D8B76C-424D-4879-84FD-2C6A7EE07A71-4154-000009E5B69241B9_zps4b59fd9a.jpg

Here is how you know that it is the right cam in question.

44E0F9AE-8DD6-4E84-95B9-5E6AB792AF1E-4154-000009E81B43FD56_zpsfbacbec2.jpg

Thank you I will call them sometime this week and talk to them about it. They would know best.

Back