Haisley Machine main girdle

oldsmokey97

Ive searched for what i was wanting to know but did not find answers to the questions I have.
I have been tossing around the idea of buying a main girdle kit (not a stiffener).
Ive been thinking about the girdle from haisley that ties the mains and block together. Who has installed one of these girdles??

MODIFIED GIRDLE KIT, MAIN STUDS, EXTRA LONG MAIN STUDS, BRIDGES Haisley Machine

Is there any machining to the main caps that needs to be done with this kit along with the extra long main studs? Are they a direct bolt in?
Do you have to modify the pan?

thanks in advance.

Lance

you mean to tell me that no one on here has ever used a haisley girdle?

Ive heard a LOT about armstrong but have never seen prices.

I would still like to know more about the HAISLEY girdle.

Lance

I would call and talk to them instead of asking the board, I have two of the girdles but they are both the old style.

Jim

kinda hopin someone had pics of this setup. The pics on their website aint worth a $hit.

Lance

We have one on our common rail and if it with the 12mm studs you will not have to do any machine work to the block or mains. If it is the 14mm stud kit then you will have to machine the mains out and drill and tap your block.
Once you get the girdle(stiffener) on you will want to have your mains dusted( line honed) so when it is a torque there is no extra squish on the bearings.

As for the pan mods all we had to do was take a ball peen hammer and dent the back of our pan out so that it will clear the spacers.

Hope this helps if you need some pictures let me know and I can email them to you.

We didnt use the Haisley one but they are all generaly the same idea.

We are using 2 one on DESTROKED and One on the 2wd GAMBLER no special things had to be done to run them went on slick we run 12v's
Dale

I have a 14mm main block I would sell TJ. Has a small chip on one of the cylinders, below the factory rings, and well below any type of piston you should use for a performance build.

I have a 14mm main block I would sell TJ. Has a small chip on one of the cylinders, below the factory rings, and well below any type of piston you should use for a performance build.

Right now I am only researching for next winter's build. I am still paying off some debt right now so I am not ready to start buying motor parts. I always find the deals when i dont have money LOL.

I was just curious if its worth putting ARP 12mm studs int he bottom end or if its pointless and i should just pony up for 14mm.

We did not have a choice our blocks already had 14mm main in them stock

Dale

Everything works great with those girdle kits, we run them on all of our high hp builds.

Back