Has anyone changed the ICP

92fordcummins

I've been trying to help my father out and change the ICP on his 2004 6.0. Has anyone done this before because ive been trying to figure out where it is and what has to come off. If anyone has any advice please tell me.
Thanks
Patrick

late 04's had it in the passenger valve cover, under the glow plug controller. 03 and early 04 it is in the back of the engine in the hpop cover. Hope you are working on a late build.

Just changed mine, it was on the passenger valve cover. Like changing a spark plug. It does not get torqued real tight, will look at the spec, but you can find it in the torque chart in the bible. Make sure you look/clean the pigtail, if it is contaminated with oil Ford says to splice in a new one. I just used electric parts cleaner on mine and it was o.k.. Good Luck.

We got lucky and it was on the valve cover. That was the reason that I couldn't find it I was searching for the wires that ran to it in the back. I just want to say thanks for all of the help.

Mine is in the back, and its about to go out of warranty, guess what is about to fail and get replaced for 100.00! LOL

Mine is in the back, and its about to go out of warranty, guess what is about to fail and get replaced for 100.00! LOL

Do you still have your stock turbo that came off your truck? I know someone that maybe interested if its the 10 vane 03 style.

Back