Has anyone else seen this? Rocker Pedestals

ETH/DEE

Fick mich
These rockers were just pulled from a stock engine.

Attachments

• 20140611_182606.jpg
    20140611_182606.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140611_182550.jpg
    20140611_182550.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 0
  • 20140611_182531.jpg
    20140611_182531.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 0
Looks like they were tightened down without being seated all the way. And the dowel crushed some of the casting in the head as it got tightened down.

X3 looks like somebody tightened the head bolt before they snugged the small one to make sure they were seated fully.

I like to go fast

X3 looks like somebody tightened the head bolt before they snugged the small one to make sure they were seated fully.

I like to go fast

X4, I too have seen this, the surefire way to prevent it is to loosen the rocker arm lash adjusters before installation so the push rods aren't messing with the pedestal alignment.

My stock 2xx,xxx 1st Gen had these when I changed the head gasket 2 years ago. AFAIK, that head wasn't lifted from the block until that day. I think 3 of the 12 had them.

My stock 2xx,xxx 1st Gen had these when I changed the head gasket 2 years ago. AFAIK, that head wasn't lifted from the block until that day. I think 3 of the 12 had them.

It wouldn't be outrageous to think some people on the assembly line do things wrong. I imagine there are quite a few people in factories that screw stuff up

I have seen it too many times, I can be sure it's done wrong at dealer ,not in factory

X 5. Apparently someone not being careful enough at some point. Check groove it sits in, clean it all up to where it sits together good, and don't worry about it. Lots of them are like that. As Big Blue24 said, loosen the adjustments and tighten the little bolt first, with care to see that it fits down OK.

X7 easy to do if you don't back off the lash adjusters and are in a hurry.

X8. User error. Did not loosen the lash adjusters before installing rockers.

X9 you need a few horses for the wagon to roll.

I've seen that happen to several motors when people try and assemble the pedestals with the adjusters still cranked down.

Back