Has anyone's truck...

SCHOOL BUS

DLRA T-O
Ever been weighed at a race put on by either of the orgs? The only time I've seen trucks getting weighed was at the first super stock race. Just curious.

The track in Mission BC has a scale. I rolled over it last year and i know a few guys went over it this year, but i dont think it was mandatory.

As far as I am concerned the only time a truck should be weighed is if it won, or set a record.

Who cares if it is lighter then the minimum weight if it still lost?

I've been weighed many times at NHRDA events. No need really, unless breaking a record or if someone challanges your win in a class. Would be nice if everyone rolls across the scales before an event but usually controlled kaos already

Yup, I have seen many trucks weighed when setting a record. I remember one time a few years ago when there was no scale at a track, so Randy made arrangements to follow someone to a truck stop scale after the races to confirm the weight for the sake of the record.

Yup, I have seen many trucks weighed when setting a record. I remember one time a few years ago when there was no scale at a track, so Randy made arrangements to follow someone to a truck stop scale after the races to confirm the weight for the sake of the record.

That was us. We trailered the truck to a local truck stop scale, unloaded and weighed, then loaded back up. Better a bit of work than have people question the validity.

Every big event with every win you must scale the car,to insure that all is within the specified ruels for that class. Nothing new, just keeping things fair i guess.

Pass up on the scales and boom, you just lost! Period..seen it happen several times. Guys get all excited with a new record or win and roll back to the pits to find that they were disqualified...

IIRC that what IHRA an NHRA have in the rule books...

Most local outlaw series will weigh before racing starts, and only during if there is a question of protest or super fast times.

It would be easy in Ennis ,scales are at the shed where you get your slip, make a trip over during qualifying and one over after a record or win... It doesn't have to get complicated...

i've sclaed my truck at a nhrda event for Randy cause he wanted to make sure i was at the 6000lbs limit, the truck looks lighter than it is

Sometimes people in NHRA use the scale rule in another way. They have a rule for Stock Eliminator where if you blast more than x amount below your index, your rated horsepower gets an automatic increase immediately after the race. I know of guys who purposely skipped the weigh after a really quick pass so that the run was disqualified. Another friend poured out his coolant before the scale which put him below the limit and invalidated the run.

Years ago in NHRA divisional and national competition, it was even common to weigh in the index classes. Since I started racing divisionals again I haven't seen any index class cars get weighed, only cars like Stock, Super Stock & Comp.

IIRC everyone had to weigh at the inaugural 25K Super-Stock diesel race. In Jim Layden's truck we had to keep the fuel topped up to make the 6k!

I went over the scale when it wasn't busy in Mission just to see what this tank weighs in at....8320lbs, 1/3 tank of fuel.

Scales

I lost the Super Street record in 2009 at Indy when I went across the scales 5 POUNDS LIGHT! It was my fault for cutting it that close. They do weigh you if needed. Now they have a +/- rule of 1% but now all that means is I would weigh 1% less. lol Jeff

Every big event with every win you must scale the car,to insure that all is within the specified ruels for that class. Nothing new, just keeping things fair i guess.

Pass up on the scales and boom, you just lost! Period..seen it happen several times. Guys get all excited with a new record or win and roll back to the pits to find that they were disqualified...

Shut up wade. Only threads you can speak in are the ones you start. Nobody wants your opinion.
Anyhow, I don't have a clue. But I still know more that wade. LOL

Do you have to have weight checked for test and tune records?

OMG, it gets so freakin old having every thread that Wade even makes an informative statement in gets derailed instantly!!!

Back