Have and issue and need some help

jackblack99

For those of you that didnt see my other thread, i have an 03 and the crank broke a few weeks ago. I finally got the time to tear the engine down last weekend. Crank was broke in 2 places, ruined #1 and #2 pistons and spun a main bearing and dicked the block and main cap up pretty bad. So in light of what i found when i took it apart my question is this. Is there anything that can be done with this block? I know i cant cut the caps and re bore the mains cause of the side bolts. So am i just left with finding a good used block? If so will any year block work or do i have to find an Lb7 block? Sorry for the dumb questions. Just dont want to buy something i dont need or cant use. Thanks in advance.

I have 2 LB7 engines

no injectors or CP3'S. Both were running, driving trucks. One needs injector cups resealed. PM offers if interested

Thats what I am gonna do with it.. use the rods and pistons to hold the glass since i still have 4 good ones!!

One year there was slight differences in the block externally (01 IIRC but don't quote me). Only matters if you are running some sort of kit mounted on the side. I think for stock any block will work, all the same inside

Back