hazy & cloudy after washing

9 LIVES

Demolition Expert
Every time I wash my truck it gets really hazy & cloudy. Is the water interfering with the polish?

About 2 months ago I applied some meguiars car polish and the truck looked like glass after I was done. Ever since I did that it gets hazy after washing and I the only thing that seems to get rid of the haze is a spray on wipe off polish.

ha I know it sounds crazy , But i saw this older truck that always parks at our work and it was as clean as could be and i asked him how he kept it the paint so clean! He told just water and a shammy. no soap the soap leaves residue he said? But i have tried it and worked good for me ! ;)

my truck gets that way from going through the car wash to many times then i detail it and looks like new. Or i was it at home. What kinda soap do you use?

I had a green car that got milky/whiteish on one fender only when it was wet, water was getting behind the clear coat when I washed the car, I had the fender recleared and the problem was solved.

what color is the rag after you polish the truck ,,,, if theres any color of the truck on there ,the clear coat is gone or you have single stage paint ..the if its single stage the top coat of uv protection is gone ... and the water and soap is getting in to the paint making it haze

my hood a roof are hazy like this, so I just wax them alot! the clrearcoat is gone!

Back