hc5 turbo

Ragged Edge

TRUCK PULLER
Anybody runing a HC5 turbo on a pulling truck, was wondering how they perform?

good chargers with almost unlimited wheel setups. i used to run one as my manifold charger with my twins.

ted

i can get them. most of the time they need built to your setup or atleast i like them that way. several off the shelf versions though.

ted

What RPM were you lightin that beast? Do you know what size wheels and ex housing you ran?

It would light around 4600, it was a 3.6 inducer, i never did check the wheels or anything. We threw it on to see how it would work and then the first hook of this year i blew an intercooler boot apart and took a bearing out in it. Im hoping to have it back or try something different up at numidia, I have to give east coast a call and see what they say.

I am far from an expert but I have a compressor map for an HC5A that would seem like it would only be good for the big charger in a twin setup - very very wide flow range, almost no pressure ratio (like you're off the map at a pressure ratio of 2, i.e., 30 psi).

That map of course is related to the compressor wheel used, so there may be others which are quite different and give a quite different map. Finding Holset data is quite a challenge...so hook up with an expert before you buy, I guess.

I am far from an expert but I have a compressor map for an HC5A that would seem like it would only be good for the big charger in a twin setup - very very wide flow range, almost no pressure ratio (like you're off the map at a pressure ratio of 2, i.e., 30 psi).

That map of course is related to the compressor wheel used, so there may be others which are quite different and give a quite different map. Finding Holset data is quite a challenge...so hook up with an expert before you buy, I guess.

You must have the same map I have. From what I gather there are alot of different wheels.

Back