HE351-HT3B twins vs Super B Special or 66/73/14

LoganIbele

Let the Coal Roll
Only towing I do is sub 2,000 pounds...I would like 650 horsepower that is streetable, for the cheapest cost. I can get a Super B for around a grand, or I can spend $750 on the HE351&HT3B and source all the piping myself.

Imo any of those would be able to do 650 but I think the 351/ht3 would be the nicest to dd. You'll probably need an external gate for the 351 though.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

Imo any of those would be able to do 650 but I think the 351/ht3 would be the nicest to dd. You'll probably need an external gate for the 351 though.

Yeah, I would really like to do twins but I know a S366 66/73/.88 can be had for under 700, that will bolt up to what I have. The only reason I might be veering away from twins is the down time and cost....but eventually I could make a 66/480...hmmm.

Im actually finding my ported internal gate on the 351 to be quite effective on a much bigger set of twins

The gate should be sufficient to support what those chargers produce and should light super quick.

Really? I thought that'd be getting pretty close to the limit of a 351's internal.

Is that the setup your're running cliff?

Twins FTW, and the internal gate is fine for a DD. And his goals.

I am making 75 psi with rather large injectors on a 4294 over a 351, on the internal gate of the 351, which its ported out.. Which is similar in size to the ht3b, 351 combo.. For everyday use, its awesome. Going bigger because i can!(and i need more air due to my injectors)

Pricewise this style setup is like a sore dick, it can't be beat.
Decent power and tow ability remain as well... Do it!

Remove the turbine housing
Get a 1/2 inch drill
Get a 1 inch bit that fits into the 1/2 inch drill.
Lift waste gate Puck out of the way, inlarge hole to 1 inch.

Can also be done with a carbide bit

I also took a die grinder and burr to the inlet of the turbine side and smoothed entry to gate hole.. Like a port and Polish without the Polish.... Cleaned up all the sharp edges and it works so far...

I dd much the same, but i hogged the living piss outta the wastegate hole and blended the hole to the housing as much as possible... and have a fairly heavy spring holding it shut, anything over 3/4 throttle and it pushes right open letting all the heat hit the turbine on my 475

A side note on the one inch drill option, make sure the housing is held by something good and tight when drilling. When that bastard grabs you can get some pretzel arms quick. As you get to the end of the hole there are some ridges the bit likes to hang on.

Jay

Back