HE351 mods for RV

megastang

After looking for almost 2 years I finally found a diesel pusher. It's a 98 24v 275 hp. I have the manifold and turbo off and seriously considering doing a HE351. Would one of the HX40 turbine wheels be helpful for an otherwise stock setup in this application? At times I'll be towing ~9k.

Last edited:
megastang-Maybe contact Tater-Built on Facebook? I just put one of his 62/65, HE351 setups on my truck and am amazed at how fast it spools and how well it flows.

I've got an HE351CW from an '06 on my VP44 truck, I think it's great. Spools fast, egts very manageable, tows great. Made 408hp on firepunk dyno, turbo, ats manifold, 6×.012 injectors, and a smarty.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

My dad has 7x.010 vco injectors in his motorhome and I'm thinking about going the same route.

J-Pipies, How is smoke on the low end while towing? And how are EGTs on a long hard pull? This thing will be fully loaded and towing 9-10k.

I just couldn't help myself. When I realized that the BD cast elbow I have laying around fits the HE351 very Closely and I found a K31 in my turbo pile I had to do a test fit. It is a very tight fit but could be made to work. Not sure I want to go quite that far yet.

Attachments

• HE351 K31.jpg
    HE351 K31.jpg
    359.6 KB · Views: 0
If under the turbo, smoke can be ridiculous, once the turbo starts coming on though, its all but smoke free.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Back