He351 on my 12 valve

97rada

I have the correct down pipe, but was wondering what the difference is in oil supply lines. Same size or what, it looks smaller
Thanks Austin

I have the complete turbo off my truck. If I get to it I'l check on it.

Thanks, also curious if the compressor housing can be clocked

The compressor housing on a 341/351 can not be clocked unless you make a different wg actuator mount. If you do relocate the actuator there is a small dowel pin that needs removed to allow the cover to be clocked.

I had yet to look at it yet, is there a snap ring that holds the compressor cover on? And how are most people modding the WG actuator ? I would really like to clock it.
Sorry for all the questions, my phone won't let me search right now

I put an HE351 on a 24v truck but that was back in 06 and I wasn't impressed with the minimal gains. On that one I made an aluminum braket and welded it to the cover at a different location. I cut the original mount off the cover and smoothed the area with a sanding disc.

Oil stuff is the same, you have to clock turbine housing as well.. If you have anything over stock fueling its a great turbo...

It is a snap ring that holds it on. I have one on the 12v in my oliver. I made a spring acutater.

Thanks alot guys. I appreciate the help. I will have stock injectors and 024s or a set of comps. The only other injectors I have are 5x.018s

spring gate is the only way i will use these! lets you clock the compressor housing where ever you want. make sure to take the roll pin out of the exhaust housing too. i put the turbine housing on first, then the cartridge, then the comp cover.

You have to open up the wastegate too...

About the size to pass a quarter...

Just curious, what kind of boost are you guys pushing these chargers to? Don't want to hurt it and it builds 25 soooo easy but doesn't go all that much

40psi. the smoke difference between 30 and 40 was huge on my truck, less smoke at 40.

I pinned mine out to 48 for over a year and it was still tight.. But 40 is about where you want to keep it

I used to run an He351cw as a single turbo on my old 99' 24 valve. It would peak at 47 psi on the street and hit 42 psi on the dyno when it laid down 499.2 HP.

From the track testing I have performed, the trap speed was nearly identical with 45 psi max and 52 psi max. It calculated to around 430-440 average horsepower in the quarter and just under 500 average horsepower in the 1/8th MPH. I believe this was due to the stock intercooler being overwhelmed down track by the super high temp boost from the over-spooled He351. On the dyno, the run is so short this drop never showed up, but at the track, it seemed like 40-42 psi was where MPH peaked and then didn't get hardly any faster 1/2 mph at best pushing it to 50 psi.

For a short burst, 50-55 psi will probably make the highest peak power. For 1/4 mile racing, 40-45 psi will hit the same peak MPH as 50-55.

dang, you guys are spinning these things alot harder than i expected. Sure is nice to have the spool back though, just cant wait to add the big charger.

Do any of you have pictures of the intercooler piping? i did mine last minute and dont like it as is.

Back