he351vgt on a DD/hauler

biged681985

Arklahoma Bombers
im thinking about putting one on my 98 2wd that i DD and use to pull my pull truck around with. my question is, how does it do on the 12vs pulling a goose with an 8500lb truck on it? is it a big enough gain over a stocker to warrant the extra work needed to get it set up?

I put one on mine and i love it. Haven't got it dialed in just right yet, still seems to be over boosting on no load but I'm using springs to control it. I will probably in the future switch it to drive pressure control. I also haven't had a chance to pull a load with it yet.

I'm on the fence with the dern thing right now. I was using springs and it seemed to work well. Right now, I have it held in one place...roughly feels like an hx35/14 as far as spoolup. Cooling as it sets now is not what I had expected. It's hard to beat the hx for towing with a 12v. Seems like even the slightest bit bigger compressor and I'm chasing the pyro with any kind of load. Empty with my present timing (19.5) the rear end gets squirrly at 2500 in 4th---definitely moving more air than the hx! I think with a controler like Fleece is coming out with, it would be far superior to the hx in every way. I'm gonna try a drive pressure controler before I dump it, then I'm going hx/ht3b.

Back