Head & Cage questions

John at Specialty Metal Craft in Houston.

On eidt: Just saw Marshall's post. What he said.

I called him with no answer and his voice mailbox was full. I also took a ride down by his place today and couldn't find it. The address on the net might be wrong though.

I got right through to him when I called but I also called at 8 am. Glad you found your guy though. Not that I think you wouldn't, but please do the research and make sure they're fully capable and do quality work.

One of the biggest reasons I'll be going to Specialty Metal Craft is after seeing the aftermath pictures of the Camaro that crashed at the Texas Mile at over 200 mph, and seeing the driver walk away, that in itself says more than a picture of a pretty weld ever could.

i called him around 9am the day that i did and i will give myself 30-45min to be safe. the guy i am using is well known on our side of the tracks. goes by Madman also known as Brian Mullen. i have seen a bunch of his work luckily i havent witnessed any of his clients having an accident. i know the few times i was visiting his shop he was working on some chassis/cage modifications for some gassers that were supposed to be in the 10sec and under range one claiming to be in the 8s. i dont know the people that were claiming this but i know a few that have been to him and are extremely happy with his work.

If you don't mind me asking what were you quoted for an 8 point cage? I am debating on wether an s&w cage and having it welded is cheaper than a custom 8 point. But mine would be going in a 92.

For the 8 point in my 95 single cab the quote was $1500 or $1900 with swingouts. This price also includes the lexan back glass.

anyone have any pictures of a roll cage on their truck? i was thinking about getting swing out bars since i am a big guy 6'3" 280lbs to help getting in and out. if i dont need to spend the extra money and the non swing outs will have plenty of room for me i will just go that route. thanks in advance.

00ce5643b91a04c8575b15fa9d079fd2.jpg
7cda019852cb4d59f33ed9f483008bfa.jpg

Not my setup but the one I would copy if I get around to doing one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was looking at a picture similar to this one on google about a week ago. my luck is that my truck is a 2wd and it will sit lower. im still a big guy so i have that working against me lol. i probably need to find someone near me with a cage to see what its like getting in an out of it and go from there.

Back