Head gasket difference

zukgod1

Old fart
So we are doing a head gasket on a 06 today.
Machine shop sent a Victor Reinz set. The head gasket looks COMPLETELY different.

I'm using a Cummins gasket but was obviously curious if the VR would have been fine.
Stock truck fyi.uploadfromtaptalk1397058588910.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397058600963.jpguploadfromtaptalk1397058613102.jpg

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

The VR would be fine they make a lot more head gaskets with different names on them than you would think.

Certainly wasn't the name I was concerned about. It was the physical differences.

They were both for the 6.7.
One came from the dealer the other from the machine shop.

You said 06 so I assumed you were working on a 5.9. The other gasket looks like a standard 5.9 one

Correct, my bad.
It's a late 06 it has the 6.7.

There seems to be some old age kicking in here.
I put 06 and the truck is a 07.

I think I was intending to put 6.7 on the original post, my mind saw me hit the 6 and assumed everyone would know I was talking about a 6.7...

Sh!t.

Sorry guys.
It's a 2007 with a 6.7.

I need to read my posts OUT LOUD when I'm done to catch this stuff.

Last edited:
There seems to be some old age kicking in here.
I put 06 and the truck is a 07.

I think I was intending to put 6.7 on the original post, my mind saw me hit the 6 and assumed everyone would know I was talking about a 6.7...

Sh!t.

Sorry guys.
It's a 2007 with a 6.7.

I need to read my posts OUT LOUD when I'm done to catch this stuff.

And here I was waiting for so sort of explanation :hehe:

In any case, in your pic the upper gasket is for a 5.9, lower is 6.7. Thinking the machine shop sent you the wrong HG.

Pretty sure Haisley's MLS fire ring gasket is VR and if its good enough for that camp...

Back