Head Studs: Are They Necasary?

Ive always heard 40psi is the magic number without getting the head bolts tighter. Ive also seen 60-65PSI before i blew a gasket, Id say do it if your at 40 psi and you have the money to spend better safe then sorry! :rockwoot:

BOUGHT my truck 1year ago only had a pryo-gauge,so i added a airaide ,fass95,fuel-gauge 4"mbrp,and edge comp.Removed the valve-cover the other day and found this.
broken-headbolt.jpg
broken-headbolt.jpg
alexa057.jpg

I think i"m going to try and drill it first,not sure,what would u do?the junk under the valve cover is telling me to change the gasket,or do u think the cover got like that from the broken bolt?? how heavy is the head??

I can really tell with the pic whats in the valve cover. The head is about 140lbs form what i understand.
I person would probably pull the head, because if you drill you have to make sure that you get all the metal out, if you pull the head you might get lucky and part of the bolt might be sicking out and make it easier to remove. I really cant believe that you havent blown a gasket, for sure know the gasket has a week point so I would replace it. Thats my $.02.

Yeah, as soon as the tax refund check gets here ill pull the head. Guess ill put 150 injectors in while its apart,what do u think stock head bolts?truck has gauges, fass-95,edge-comp,airaide,4"mbrp,

Back