Headgaskets again?

jwfrauts

I think my headgaskets are blown again. I can hear the degas bottle whistling at boost levels above 25 psi and it is blowing water out of the cap. My egr cooler is blocked off and the cap is whistling at around 1100 degrees, so I don't think it is flashing. I am running Looney tunes and the truck already has headstuds, exhaust, intake, and accufab elbow. Ford put the headstuds in it for me last time they blew. Everything else is stock. The level in the bottle is way below the min. mark, like only a 1/2 in deep in the whole bottle. What do you guys think? If it is the headgaskets, what do the studs need to be torqued at when I get the new gaskets. Oh yeah the truck is an 06' powerstroke with 50,000 miles and I run the crap out of it.

I don't have water in the oil or oil in the water. Could it still be the oil cooler and only do it at high boost? I don't know just asking.

Try a new degas bottle cap that could be your problem. I've seen them go bad before..good luck..

OneStockQuik6.0 said:
Try a new degas bottle cap that could be your problem. I've seen them go bad before..good luck..

What he said. I would try this first it's about $8.

Sorry, dont mean to highjack the thread, but i am experiancing some sort of moaning/whistling under loud only with a tune in it. it basicaly sounds like someone rubbing there finger around a cristyl glass. is this the degass bottle leaking? i figured it was and that it meant that i probbobly need headgaskets! coolent used to puke everyonce and a while, now it fell below the visiable mark, although you can see it still in the bottom of the bottle where the hose connects. no fuel in oil, no coolant in oil, and no white smoke!?

I changed the cap and it helped alot but still pukes some. I have to push it a lot harder to make it puke now.

Back