Hello from Afghanistan

Diezel Dawg

Banks Hater!
Hey everyone, its been awhile since i have checked in here at CompD. Anyway, Been in Afghanistan for about a month and a half. And will be here til Oct. In the US Air Force and got called up to come help Army Special Forces work on all of their vehicles. We had a one month long Combat Skills Training class at Ft. Dix New Jersey and then shortly thereafter we departed for this hot miserable country. Overall i cannot complain, living conditions are great, got my won room, we dont ahve to carry our weapons around like other parts of the base do, been issued my own vehicle and duty hours are not what they are in the Airt Force, thats for sure. This has been and is a great experience working with the REAL war fighterrs over here. Fixing a truck and watching it roll out and come back from a mission is very satisfying. These guys are top notch individuals and i am glad to be on their side, thats for sure, especially after seeing some of the weaponry they have mounted on these trucks. And these MRAPs, holy sh*t are they an impressive vehicle. again, thanks for all the support for me and my fellow servicemen and servicewomen who are over here taking care of business.

Ken

Good to see your taking the deployment in stride, and good to see you dont have to sleep in the dirt like some have said. Keep safe, and Come home Soon!Thanks for your service!

Regards, Josh

Back