Hello from England!

16cm on your HX35. The s471 should probably use a 1.32ar housing.

This is the English that I hear when someone says they are from England.

Hot Fuzz (4/10) Movie CLIP - Sea Mine (2007) HD - YouTube

haha brilliant film! and what sort of HP and boost would 16cm HX35 and 1.32ar S471 give? coz from what ive read it will give too much for my truck (remember im running a stock head, weak trans and a 2000kg truck which is only allowed to reach 6500kg max even with a trailer)

also whats the 1.32ar denote??

Welcome to the madness amigo!
Glad to have you on the forum; and were all loony, just some more than others.

You have NO idea...LOL :welcome:

haha i like loony... im considered a nutter in the UK for dropping a Cummins in a Landy and painting it bright purple haha

haha i like loony... im considered a nutter in the UK for dropping a Cummins in a Landy and painting it bright purple haha

We'll work on the grammar. :)

Well this is perfect, I have a 6.0 covered in hot pink. You're in the right place. :Cheer:

Sent from my iPhone

Welcome to compd Nick.

Send a PM to a member here (stackx2). His name is John and he is running a very nicely tuned first gen (VE pumped) with a small set of twins built for what you are looking to do. I think he is running an HX35 over HX50 or HX55. Very responsive, good power, not alot of $.
RonA

We'll work on the grammar. :)

Well this is perfect, I have a 6.0 covered in hot pink. You're in the right place. :Cheer:

Sent from my iPhone

haha brilliant!

Is the movie "Snatch" accurate?

And do you talk like a pikey?

some people would say i talk/look like a pikey... but no im just a farmer... and i talk nothing like those southern fairies ;)

Welcome ol chap

sent from my toolbox drawer

thanks bud

Welcome to compd Nick.

Send a PM to a member here (stackx2). His name is John and he is running a very nicely tuned first gen (VE pumped) with a small set of twins built for what you are looking to do. I think he is running an HX35 over HX50 or HX55. Very responsive, good power, not alot of $.
RonA

Thanks Ron, that sounds ideal! I love 1st gens too. you got any idea what sort of boost or power hes making with that set up?

Welcome! I hit 60lbs once but the majority it was about 55lbs. And I was was running an hx55. I was also running pod injectors with head studs.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Speak of the devil.
John.
I think he's looking for something that spools quick but isn't wanting to make alot of power. Maybe one of those 9cm housing 35 models with the actuator set low so it opens early and doesn't compound the boost too much.

thanks guys
Ron im pretty pleased with how the HX35 runs now tbh... pulls well... just goes out of range above 35psi i believe this and the reason that im bored and want to do something nuts again is why i want to compound it tbh.
now i might be way out here but if i do the 40mm wastegate mod to the HX35 and sling a HX40 or HX50 (which i should be able to get me hands on easily) next to it (for space reasons cant go under it) now i know there close to the HX35 size wise but i have a method in my madness...

my HX35 boosts nicely and whistles well on idle as you can see on my vids my mate runs a HX40 on his 110 land rover with a P-Pumped Cummins 6bt and a few tweaks from stateside and it doesnt boost as quick as mine does so im thinking on mine it would come on song about 2000rpm and pick up the top end... any thoughts on my plan?
bare in mind im only aiming for 40psi of boost so i can keep my head and trans as they are for now... could allways fit a bigger primary at a later date when ive upgraded the rest to hack the pace.

Heres how she is at the moment i didnt give it WOT in this vid though:
12v Cummins 6BT Land Rover 90 with new +40hp injectors - YouTube

I have not tried to hold boost down so low with twins, but with good wastegating it could be done. For starters I'd see how low I could hold the boost from the 35 with the internal gate. If you can't hold it down to below 20psi you might want to either bore the hole out and install a bigger puck, or use an external wastegate. (very cool looking vehicle in the video. I didn't realize how small it was.)

RonA

Last edited:
haha yea land rovers are dwarfed by your trucks... for our 4x4s 4.0l is a huge engine lol

i will try that i think the wastegate is siezed at the moment... lol so will try to pin it down to low boost when i get time

heres the link to my facebook album from since i brought the truck through the conversion at christmas and then to now... updated all the time

Update Your Browser | Facebook

heres a pic of the engine bay to show you space contraints... im still tidying the conversion up slowly...
318418_10152111543440385_721403109_n.jpg

Back