Help ASAP please

inline6power

more hp than you
Stuck on the side of the road. My 99 p pumped truck . Stopped at a gas station to fuep up. Went to start to leave and no start. Acts like it blew a fuse. With key on my fuel pump srill kicks on but no ac abs light on no power to my mirros but cig lighter works. I jumped the starter to get it started and it runs but no speedo either. Not sure what to look for

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk 2

Which relay could shut power off to my windows abs speedo and ac?

Try turning the key around, wiggle it, maybe the switch.

First thing I did was turn key around. Starter dont work as well as ac abs wimdows amd speedo amd cruise. Not sure what to check

I dug through chiltons manual, that was no help.. Move relays around and see what that does...

I dug through chiltons manual, that was no help.. Move relays around and see what that does...

Judy not sure what relay couod cause this or if my srupid key switch is stuck in tue run position keeping everything else off.

isnt the speedo tied into the abs sytem? is it possible your abs system went bad, Im not sure but doesnt it have an independent computer on the drivers side by the fuse box under the hood? the AC I have no clue.

isnt the speedo tied into the abs sytem? is it possible your abs system went bad, Im not sure but doesnt it have an independent computer on the drivers side by the fuse box under the hood? the AC I have no clue.

Thats what I dont get. All the stuff stopped at once.

should be on the driver side dash panel when you open the door. just use a test light to see what one is blown.

Been looking at my alldata and can't say there is much but the ignition switch...
One would think if it was stuck in start you'd see constant crank but there looks like fuse 10 (50amp) and Fuse 2 (20amp) feed it and 3 different switches inside the ignition switch.
Sounds like its at least partially foo-bar'd.

Been looking at my alldata and can't say there is much but the ignition switch...
One would think if it was stuck in start you'd see constant crank but there looks like fuse 10 (50amp) and Fuse 2 (20amp) feed it and 3 different switches inside the ignition switch.
Sounds like its at least partially foo-bar'd.

Starting to think its my ignition switch.

Body control module, not 100 percent, goin of car knowledge, dont here much about it in these trucks, but it contorls pretty much everything in the truck such as speedo, theft etc...

do these even have bcm's?, but I want to think that it might be something simple for all those systems to go bad, hate to suggest it but maybe a ground might have come lose, if your ABS and speedo still arent working I would see if I could pull those codes and see where they lead, because the speedo is definetly tied into the ABS, but a broken ground can cause all of the issues too. just throwing things out there.

Last edited:
do these even have bcm's?, but I want to think that it might be something simple for all those systems to go bad, hate to suggest it but maybe a ground might have come lose, if your ABS and speedo still arent working I would see if I could pull those codes and see where they lead, but a broken ground can cause all of the issues too. just throwing things out there.

Agree, most vehicles do some are in the ecm all in one, so dont quote me but i thought they did, id start simple with grounds. Every electronic problem ive ever had always seems to be a bad ground.

do these even have bcm's?, but I want to think that it might be something simple for all those systems to go bad, hate to suggest it but maybe a ground might have come lose, if your ABS and speedo still arent working I would see if I could pull those codes and see where they lead, but a broken ground can cause all of the issues too. just throwing things out there.

Checked grounds and all seem good. No check engine light. It has to ne something simple. When I first got in the truck I turned the key to run amd rolled my windows down. Tried to start it and it kicked over for maybe 2 seconds then everything just stopped. I checked all fuses by door panel and all are good. Checked all relays and switched them all and all seem good. Onoy thing I have not messed with is the ignition switch but not sure how that could cause all my stuff to stop including what I have stated

Back