Help dt466

1066farmall

ok I cant help but start my build once I get done with beans but need some help. the f100 is going in the shop once the crops are out..... I have bought a dt466 and it came with a gt40 turbo and I am thinking about getting a ht60 to make twins? what I do not know is what to do with my pump or injectors. I would like to pull it but going to try my hardest to make it street legal. yes I know what it weights and that it is big but I have the time to make it fit this winter. thanks for any help

your going to need to give us alot more info then that. how much hp are you looking for? what your budget is? im sure w/e it is your after a factory style driveline most likely will not hold up to it.

with the dt466 i got a Allison mt653. I only have about 4000 to spend. I just wanting to get the most hp for my money.

Even though you might aim to street it, be warned, you will get thrown in "open" or "mod" pulling classes with the big boys with all that non-oem powertrain in it.

I don't care just looking to build something cool and this is what I have wanted to do. the open class around my area is not to bad and if I do take it pulls it will only be a few.

I do not know if you have contacted us before, but if your looking for cam work we have regrinding services, and new IH 466 steel billets available for very reasonable prices.

Just let us know if you need anything.

Sounds like a neat plan. I don't know if a GT40 & HT60 would be a good twin setup, but I'm still learning about turbos for street trucks. We ran a GT42 on a 640inch DT466 and it didn't make crap for boost until it had a load on it.

How much power are you looking for? How much RPM?

An MT653 is a really, really big unit. You might want to look at a different trans.

Unless you want to run a ton of RPM a reground cam should do fine. As far as pump/injectors, 450cc of fuel and some good size injectors will make plenty of power. AREA Diesel builds some awesome pumps.

yes it is a big trans. I would like to have a manual, what would you suggest?
There are lots of SAE manual trans out there that would work well. You have a ton of choices, 5spd through 18spd, synchro or not, straight cut vs. helical gears, overdrive or not. LOTS of choices

You'll probably want to look at some of the smaller ones. Spicer makes a fairly common cheap overdrive synchronized 6spd that is pretty close to ZF6 size but I'm damned if I can remember what it is called.

The 3035A and 3053B out of the millitary trucks aren't too huge and they are overdrive 5spds. They are also cheap.

Really depends what gear ratios you want. You can get pretty much anything you want.

ok thanks, there is a semi salvage yard up the road but everything is very high

yeah seems like prices change like the wind on semi stuff. i've seen some killer deals go down though...somebody got a fresh rebuilt RTO-9513 for $1200.

i've seen some 3053a advertised for FREE. gear ratios are fairly close to an NV4500.

Back