help me please super hx40 gt4202 twins

Thegrampatrk

so i got my twins done and went to spool them up and notta. im regestering 17lbs on my edge at full throttal on the road. my set up is on a 99 24v with edge juice with attitude 75hp ddp injectors stage3 ats trans with 5disk converter super hx40 60/64/16 from pdr over a gt4202 with a 1.15 t4 housing used bd hot pipe and 3.5in cold pipe and 3in intercooler pipe. I rly think i should be making more than 17lbs of boost i made it though 3gear before i let out and never saw more than 17lbs. i checked all my connections for leaks and all my welds.:doh:

My 02 would not spool and keep spooled an hx40. Your secondary turbo--hx40 is too big.
Unless you can find a 12 exhaust housing for it. Then it might be good to go.

Does it put you in your seat like its only building 17 psi? Could your edge be reading wrong?

Hx40 is too big he says... Lmao

This.

I don't see you offering any good advice.
A hx40 is usable with the right combo and expectations, but will be slower to spool in a compound set up.
If you can't spool the 40 how in heck are you going to spool the big one?

And, when I advise the 40 is too big, I'm refering to the exhaust side.
FROM EXPERIENCE.

A hx40 is usable with the right combo and expectations, but will be slower to spool in a compound set up.

FROM EXPERIENCE.

I can't help any more than anyone else has. Check for leaks before you go changin hard parts.

If i could spool an hx40 16cm housing with rv275's and a timing box,
Then it isn't too big.

sry for the long time coming respons. just finished the dp and intake and put my truck back together all the way made 45psi when i tightend the clamp on the boot on the secondary turbo and cold pipe duh:nail:. i thought whell i sould make more than that with tighting the waste gate saw 39psi???? and never broke 1100-1200 degrees dont have a drive pressure gauge but i do know that my secondary was making 17psi before i did the waste gate tightening.

rivria what kind of boost were you making with the 40 i never saw more than 35 and it was slow to spool i ran it as a single for a while and it pulled good but was slow i just expected more from my pdr super hx40 was told it would make more than it does

What injectors do you have?

With a comp i could get 40 psi out of it as a single.

FROM EXPERIENCE.

I can't help any more than anyone else has. Check for leaks before you go changin hard parts.

sry for the long time coming respons. just finished the dp and intake and put my truck back together all the way made 45psi when i tightend the clamp on the boot on the secondary turbo and cold pipe duh:nail:. i thought whell i sould make more than that with tighting the waste gate saw 39psi???? and never broke 1100-1200 degrees dont have a drive pressure gauge but i do know that my secondary was making 17psi before i did the waste gate tightening.

There we go, no expensive hard parts changed today. super hx40 too big...lmao where is the meme THIS IS COMPD :shake:

my injectors are ddp tips on bosch bodies and are poped and cleaned they were slightly used. my super hx40 from pdr its an early one and was just rebuilt and never was rly pleased with it as a single. my truck has gotten slower every time i put a part on it and im pissed mabey im setting things up wrong......rant over. any one in tulsa ok area willing to help me out? just tried to tune the waste gate on the 40 a bit more and never got back up to 40psi and im just about done ive never had this high of egts 1350+ for no time at all i shut it down quick.

Why don't you give us more info on the truck?
Ddp tips on Bosch bodies doesn't help either..
I would recommend 8x10's on vp truck with a comp
But i don't know what you are working with.

i built these for tow twins if you read the first post i told all the specs its a 99 24v qclb 4x4 on 35s for preformance mods i have ddp 75hp injectors built by a local shop with that i have edge juice with attitude arp studs to keep the head down a pdr super hx40 that was built for twins by pdr and refreshed by a local turbo shop a bd hot pipe with a gta4202 hanging off of it with a t4 1.15 housing 4in down pipe 3.5in inter stage pipe and 3in charge pipe ive tried tightening the waste gate down and to no avil get 10-14lbs max charger was doing 30-35lbs before changing to the twins i know the charger is good i pulled the dp and the hot pipe and checked turbines to make sure i didnt melt one or some stupid **** like that im getting very tired of messing with the twins i have done alot of searching to get all the parts and to make them look so good and to have this happen is very discourageing could i have a cracked intercooler that im not seeing or hearing i have checked all the boots and pipes and intake for leaks but none to be found ive been less than happy with this hx40 may just call tmoney and order a s300 with a tighter housing mabey i can pass this hx off to some one for some of my money back........and yes ive checked for leaks in the exaust and intake its just so laggy and smokey and slow until it gets some boost and i tried turning my box down and didnt help could i be over fueling them?????? i can hold the breaks and feather the pedal and get it to start building boost but no more than 3lbs i use to do sweet 100ft burn outs by boosting to 10psi and rolling on it but not with this set up wont even turn the tires over please help

Back