HELP!! oil leak and exhaust smell in cab....

psd007.3

soo i noticed today when my truck was in the garage that i have an oil leak that seems to be runnin down the bellhousing of the tranny and i got no idea where its coming from, could this be related to my exhaust fumes in the cab smell?? just a dumb question but figured i would throw it out there..my truck sat prob for about 2 hrs in the garage and left like a quater size drop of oil on the floor but its defintly coming from up top it appears and running down around the tranny, cause its on my tranny cooler lines and stuff..soo i know its coming from some where up above its just my question was could this also be tied together with me getting exhaust smell in the cab?? idk maybe if i had an oil leak and exhaust leak around the same place...

ok guys soo i just checked the engine valley out, and all of the oil seems to be defintly in the back, there is nothing up front at all...now my EBPV rod comes out of the bottom correct?? cause that also had oil on it..it just seems like there is oil residue everywhere back there, but like i said nothing is up front..idk what could this leak be?? the pedistal o rings??

Sounds like you have the o rings in the pedistal leaking and your donuts may be leaking and that is where your exhaust smell in the cab is coming from. Best bet is while you are looking for your exhaust leak to look at the firewall and see if there is any soot on it.

oo alright soo instead of tryin to find the leak at the pipes actually just look at the firewall, likethat sound proofing material that silver stuff, there would be soot on it?? and i'm guessing in order to do the o-rings you have to remove the turbo?? and if i want to get rid of my EBPV would it make it easy just to buy the NON EBPV pedistal and NON EBPV outlet??

it seems like there is like a lil mist of oil blowing out of somewhere or something covering everything in the area of the turbo, like it looks like the firewall has a slit mist on it, the bottom of the EBPV housing and rod..any idea's?

Yes you will have to remove the turbo. If you want to remove your ebpv then this would be a good time to change pedistals I would recomend to replace all of the o rings on the pedistal, and it will also make it a litle easier to fix your exhaust leak.

i found a loose clamps on my intake plenums, could this cause oil vapor soo cover everything in the back of the valley and cause a lil leak down the back of the motor?? what problems could these loose clamps cause?? boost?? oil?? no diesel fuel smell though right??

oo i thought someone said that the CCV could possibly put oil into the intercooled system and thus cause a mist of oil to leak out if clamp was loose...why is my boot covered with oil residue??

It will have a mist through the intercooler and give you an oily residue, on your boots but I wouldnt think that it would cause oil to run down the back of the motor.

i didnt know if the boot was leakin that mist if over times boost+mist could probaly build up..who knows i tightened them clamps up i guess tomorrow i'll spray everything down and go from there

As previously stated, your pedistal o-rings are probably shot. If there's no oil in front of the spider, and there is enough oil leakin to leave a spot in a short amount of time, that's almost certainly the culprit.

Back