Help on a turbo

Mwyant 00

I am in need of a turbo for my 06 6spd, i just want something that is not laggy at all. Im not trying to set any hp records just a good near stock spooling charger for a decent price. A buddy of mine had a htb2 62/14 on his 00 6spd and i liked the way that it spooled, was leaning toward that but not sure.

I am in need of a turbo for my 06 6spd, i just want something that is not laggy at all. Im not trying to set any hp records just a good near stock spooling charger for a decent price. A buddy of mine had a htb2 62/14 on his 00 6spd and i liked the way that it spooled, was leaning toward that but not sure.

Id go for the HTT 62/71/13ss!!

Id go for the HTT 62/71/13ss!!

All i really need is a exhaust housing for the stock charger but cann't seem to find one so instead of buying a new stock charger i would just get an aftermarket one. I plan on getting a smarty and not sure what else to stack with it im new to the cr but i just don't want something that is laggy cause i have a 13-15000 lb boat that i will be toating around.

The stock turbo is pretty good being a 60/60/9cm but the tubine housing is tinny! So the best bet is to sell it and use that money to pay for a new one, that's what i did!!

What is the truck goona be mainly used for and what hp goal are ya lookin for?

You can also get the HTT in a 62/65/13ss and that will spool even faster and still keep things cool while towing, but drive pressures will be lower with the 71 turbine wheel over the 65 turbine wheel but if your just planning on adding a Smarty for some extra towing power then the 65 will be just fine! The 71 will be just fine as well and give you abit of growing room over the 65 wheel!!
Just my $.02

The stock turbo is pretty good being a 60/60/9cm but the tubine housing is tinny! So the best bet is to sell it and use that money to pay for a new one, that's what i did!!

What is the truck goona be mainly used for and what hp goal are ya lookin for?

You can also get the HTT in a 62/65/13ss and that will spool even faster and still keep things cool while towing, but drive pressures will be lower with the 71 turbine wheel over the 65 turbine wheel but if your just planning on adding a Smarty for some extra towing power then the 65 will be just fine! The 71 will be just fine as well and give you abit of growing room over the 65 wheel!!
Just my $.02

Well you now how it always starts, "im just going to put a programer on it and just drive it." Sounds like the 71 will be may best bet just in case i do a little more than a programmer. What is a stock charger minus the exhaust housing worth?

Back