Help on build 90 non ic

FirstGENthingz

Started my project with a clean rust free truck and looking to get around 400hp out of it . I have denny 2 fuel pin have a hy35 in for the moment .. Seized the h1c stock injectors new lift pump fuel screw 2 turns ..star wheel almost bottomed out .. I have a 4200 gov spring haven't put in as well as a second gen intercooler .. I'm looking at buying a new tranny .. And making a twin setup (I'm a welder and handy at fabrication ). I just want people's inputs on what I should run for a tranny .. Turbos if I should look at injectors .. And what I would need to make around 400/450 hp

It all depends on what your budget is.

I take it the truck is currently automatic? A 47RH would be excellent, as it will put more power to the ground than any non lock-up will.

As far as turbos, the HX35 and HT3B are tried, true, and cheap. Same with the S300G and S475, but a bit more expensive.

Injectors depend on what kind of manners you expect the truck to have along with how much tuning you want to do to hit your goal. Some theorize that you could hit your number with stock injectors, but I don't recall ever seeing it happen.

You'll need a good lift pump too.

It's a slow build right now I'm doin little things to get ready for injectors valve springs possibly fire ringed head .. I'm actually planning on running twins but I just don't know where to begin .. I feel that I should do precautionary mods first

2 or 4wd? With a quality TC, vb, and full build that 727 will come out of the hole better than a lock up. Same with 46rh if od wanted. And billet input not needed. My opinion from my experience. Nothing wrong with LU if you have the extra power to overcome it.

It's 4wd my tranny is in good shape ... Just don't know how much it would be to have mine built to where I'd feel safe for a while if ya know what I mean

Valid point .. I'm thinking about doing valve springs fire ring the head head studs turbo injectors and maybe a couple other things

ive got the 518 in my truck an i have the shied ve injection pump, 175 inj, an gt 42 charger an my tranny holds it just fine (knock on wood) i have the cummins in my 98 chevy an it has 35s with 6 inch lift...i dont think id have anything else as far as a automatic goes

25lb boosted launches will mess-up all three stock/OEM shafts of the 46RH (A518).

I agree, I would definately take care of the basic precautionary mods first. Studs, fire ring/o-ring, valve springs, fuel system, fuel pin, pump mods, gov. spring. Then step things up with the fuel and air. I was making 342 and a little over 800 torque on my non-ic 90 motor with a 60mm compressor upgrade to the H1c with stock injectors and the above mentioned items. I'm running a 62/65 over ht3b twin setup with 5x.016 injectors now and once I get things dialed in I hope to be between 425-450. It is noticeably quicker now but with tuning I know theres alot more left on tap.

I would think fire rings and twins are kind of overkill for 400hp. But then again I don't know much about ve trucks.

Twins is over kill for any hp that a 12mm ve will put out (IMO)....HOWEVER, they do cool a lot better than a "large" single.

As far as O-rings (fire rings are retarded for daily driving) VE pumps require a lot more clamp due to the retarded amount of timing we require to make our little bit of power.

Back