Help or advice! Moving hitch.

Igotit

Keep On Truckin'
I have my truck all apart right now and I want to move the hitch or the receiver. I have my bumper off and I will be leaving it off but I need some ideas to move the receiver inward and up. Any pictures or ideas would be great. Thank You

do a search for pullin hitches theres a lot of info and pics there on that thread depending on what class and association u pull in. some are picky about moving hitch foward

Any ford guys cut the actual receiver up and relocate it? I have the hitch, I am looking to move the receiver in towars the axle and up a bit.

I just unbolted mine and moved it as far forward as I could until the frame started the upward bend. There I drilled new holes and mounted it. I ditched the rear bumper and cut a piece of diamond plate to cover the bumper area, this allowed the furthest most point of my hitch to be almost flush with the end of my bed. For most rule books that is about all you can do and be legal. Hope that answers your question.

I don't know how to raise the hitch height other than turning your receiver over though, I just run bigger tires (35's) and a 26in. hitch height isn't a problem.

I just unbolted mine and moved it as far forward as I could until the frame started the upward bend. There I drilled new holes and mounted it. I ditched the rear bumper and cut a piece of diamond plate to cover the bumper area, this allowed the furthest most point of my hitch to be almost flush with the end of my bed. For most rule books that is about all you can do and be legal. Hope that answers your question.

I don't know how to raise the hitch height other than turning your receiver over though, I just run bigger tires (35's) and a 26in. hitch height isn't a problem.

Thank you for the quick fix. My thing was that I want the receiver between the bottom of the bed and the bottom of the fender. I have the bumper off and I am going to build something out of stainless sheet in the break or if want to be easy I might do the diamond plate.

This was as far up and forward as I could get it using the factory reciever. This is up about 4 inches and ahead about 8 or so.

If you want it up higher then put in inside the frame rails. It will be farther forward and up higher. If you want I can make something up for you.

i moved mine ahead 6 inches, i still can pull a trailer decent too

Well I was able to come up with a good method of moving the receiver. I ground the welds off the frame attachment brackets on the hitch. I pulled the cross bar out and flipped it over where the top of the receiver being 25.75". I think I am going to mve the hitch 6" forward so I can hide it behind a license plate. I am going to build a plate or box for the back out of some stainless sheet for resturant kitchens. Now I have to rebuild my hitch so that I can meet rules and also have adjustment of the lenette ring when there is no suspention travel rules.

Back