help please!

Ltk

Broke
so a few days ago i went to start my truck after work (sat 10 hours) and when i started it, it took 3-4 cranks instead of normal, ran rough for the first few rotations, then bright blue smoke was coming out of the exhaust.

it has done this every time ive started it since. now tonight it is starting to run rough, power cuts out some, feels "weak" if that makes sense.

any ideas whats causing it? i need this fixed asap, vacation trip coming up soon!

Blue smoke is throwing me off. I would scan for codes, and it may be your VP going out. Could be getting air in the fuel/bleeding off.

It does sound like a fuel issue. Lift pump pressure Ok? Maybe hook it up to shop fuel and see if it does it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yep fuel pressure is solid around 18

doesnt a dying vp start hard when hot and easier when cold? mines doing the opposite

Blue smoke to me sounds like a valve seat. Pop the valve cover and check out the valves quickly, it might be really easy to see if it keeps getting worse.

will that make it run rough at higher rpms?

the truck is still driveable, just fluttery at higher rpms if that makes sense. also a faint noise at idle that i cant explain

key trick and smarty. dont have a good scanner unfortunately

im afraid to drive this truck, wouldnt it be a time bomb if i dropped a valve?

Back