HELP! Racked barrels now truck hangs RPMs

Jeffrey Weeks

I racked the barrels on my 160pump. The shutoff lever is all the up, and the rack is moving freely. Is there a possibility the gov springs are out of adjustment now?

The truck is very slow to come back to idle, then once surpassing 1500 RPMs it doesn't want to come back to idle.

Gov springs have been in for 3 years, 7mm DVs and 5x18 from Weston have been in for months. Ran well until barrels racked.
Also tried lowering afc foot, and tried with a plate and without a plate doesn't change help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did your idle rpm go up after doing this?

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

It went up a tad... not a whole lot. But even if idle is high it still wouldn't hang RPMs and slow increases rpm on its own after 1500

A higher idle will cause it to hang, have seen it many times with governor springs installed.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

If there just shimmed springs try to get a set of real springs it will run so much better. Back them off a click and see what happens.

Bringing the idle down helped some, still was hanging, I backed springs out about a click or so and that got it just perfect. Thanks for all the help guys ??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do have the 3/4k kit but I don't have 60lb valve springs and would like to wait for them

Valve springs are a good idea but not an absolute necessity, unless you run alot of timing its not gonna rev much past 3k under a load anyway.

Back