help !! Stuck fuel pin

samiam44

Good afternoon guys-

So, I was trying to do the ole 3200 rpm governor spring and I cannot get the fuel pin out. I is a DennyT II I think- been in for years. Never adjusted the power setting. I took the diaphragm off-but not sure how or what I need to do.

Perhaps something has worn...

M

Shouldn't need to take the diaphragm off. Try pushing it down and letting it up fast a bunch of times and if that don't work out the diaphragm back on and try prying a little with a screwdriver

Spin it 180 degrees I done prolly 100 ve pumps the control pin is against the edge of afc pin

There's not really any tricks, you just have to keep working it. As stated above, push it down a bunch and spin it. It'll come out eventually.

I'll give it a try rotating and yes I've tried the push/pull. It has a range of travel- but not up.

Why does this need to come out for the governor spring replacement??

Michael

It don't need to come out for spring change , the spring is tough job the first time you do it . Watch the timing marks for the throttle shaft

Thanks,

Yes, the whole thing is more difficult than I had anticipated. Just hard to always get at stuff...
I carefully marked the throttle shaft pieces- hope to get it dead-on or at least close! It needed service- the top piece which pivots was really rusty.

Michael

Got the spring in. Still zero luck on the pin. The aftermarket pin has a notch machined in it. So I don't think you can rotate it all the way around.

M

See if you can get a piece of stiff wire to push the slide pin back in. Then use a pice of rubber in a pair of pliers and wiggle that fuel cone upwards.

Back