Help with Bellhousing Bolts

Tony R

New Build is For Sale.
Are some of the bellhousing bolts studs? Do these go toward the top of the bellhousing and are used to hold the dipstick in place. I apoligize for being so ignorant about all this. This use to be a pulling truck and the original owner wants it back to stock. When I took on the job the motor was already out. I did a complete rebuild on the engine and now I'm ready to install just trying to figure out the large pile of bolts I have.

I just went out and looked at the 04 engine/trans sitting in the garage. All the trans bolts have studs.
But the holes that need to be studs are drivers side lower (for wire harness bracket), top two and first one to pass side (for vent and dipstick)

Thanks guys, I appreciate it. I'm going to have to go to gm and order some it looks like.

Had I known, I would have saved some of the ones I have unscrewed from the GM NV4500s I have pulled in the past.

Mark.

You'll have that on those big jobs. I got a bunch of different bolts from gm and it only cost 37.00. Not bad at all.

Back