Help with twins.

ward.racing

black smoke addict
ok i finally got my truck going again and took it out to try to do some tuning to the wastegate, and had some problems. While im driving it around 50 and start laying into the throttle it will spool like crazy to 80lbs. but if i try to spool it up on the line it wont do anything. just pour smoke. I thot it may be my converter but. Im not sure the exact converter i have but when i ordered the tranny and converter I was running a silver bullet and it did fine with it. I know its a triple disk from NADP but i believe they get them from suncoast. may be wrong.

But as far as the turbo's go, I was running a silvver bullet over a S-480. I fiqured the top may be the problem so I switched the compressor wheel and housing back to a silver 62. and still no boost.

Im also runnin a Engineered Diesel Ext gate and switched the springs and still no boost. double checked all the lines and boots, evrything is hooked up.

I have a 64-71-13 I thought about trying to try but its non gated and Ill have to build a new hotpipe. So before doing all that i was going to see some other opinions.

Thanks

Mark

Check your internal gate linkage on your top charger to see if it's stuck open on possible broke. I've had it happen and it wont spool launching but will build boost slowly while driving.

put your other turbo in, you'll really like the way it responds to it, the silver bullet is too big of a charger foe the 99-02 dodges, they dont spool turbos like the 03 newer's do

IMHO:

Run the silver 62 to get it up and running then try the silver bullet.
Is everything working to get rid of TQ management?

i have a smarty on the low setting but i also have a BD RAD that im gona put on 2nte and try it. I put the 62 on it sunday and it still would spool.

Back