HID headlights?

LKuilder

I ordered a set of the 1 piece clear headlight housings and going to try them. I've read both good and bad about them on different sites and decided I'd give them a try. I've been running the Silver Star bulbs in my stock housings for a while now and just wanting to get some more light. I think I'm going to try the Silver Stars in the clear housings for now but I'm really leaning towards going HID. Does anyone have experience running HID's in our trucks. I've never dealt with them before and just looking for advice. As far as is one brand better than another. I read in another thread on here about the Retro Solutions kit being a good one but I am open to whatever is a quality kit. I'm thinking of going with a 6000k color for the headlights and a 3000k for the foglights in the stock fog light housings. Any help would be appreciated!

I have seen a thread or 2 about HID's around here somewhere...

I've been looking at a thread on HID's in "Accessories and add-ons." Check it out it might have the info you're looking for.

Please post pics when you are done, pre and post installation! I want some too, but have too many "needs" to address before "wants" get tended to. My only fear is that I won't have a spot to mount my strobe bulbs in the back of them like I did in my stockers.

Last edited:
Please post pics when you are done, pre and post installation! I want some too, but have too many "needs" to address before "wants" get tended to. My only fear is that I won't have a spot to mount my stobe bulbs in the back of them like I did in my stockers.

"My only fear is that I won't have a spot to mount my stobe bulbs in the back of them like I did in my stockers"

Why do I think "you might be a redneck if" should go in front of that?

banjo.gif
banjo.gif

Two of them, as in "dual-ing". :hehe:

4x4duallingbanjos. LOL

I have seen a thread or 2 about HID's around here somewhere...

Sorry for starting another thread that probably wasn't needed. Was just curious as to other people's experience with these. I'm leaning towards the Retro Solutions kit but just wondered what other people have had good luck with.

i have that exact setup and i love it

Looks really good there dodgethis!

Here's what I've got now. Silverstar's in the stock headlights...
img0014nzy.jpg

img0033npn.jpg

img0035qrl.jpg

I'm really leaning towards the HID's from retro solutions. We'll see what it looks like with the new headlight housings when I get them.

Back