Hide-n-Side bed kit.

J-Pipes

Picked one of these up today, looks like everything is there, except for directions. Any chance anyone on here has been around these before and could point me in the direction of instructions? Near as I can tell, the company is no longer in operation.
7cb0f7913075dc4d079b47eca8613c94.jpg
a82bc4337fe09ba49c84e6f4fe722040.jpg
8211bd60ea8ab44e00f3ebb7b97095b5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Wow, do you cut sheet metal and install a hinge and shelving yourself?

I would say there's probably a reason they're no longer in operation......

Cool concept, to prevent any rust, looks like it would be a complete repaint though. Even then I think it would be a rust magnet.

Only steel left is most of the bed floor, and the front of the bed and tailgate. Everything else is Fiberglass with stainless hardware. Near as i can tell, you basically only keep the floor between the wheel wells. I got this kit, thats never been installed before, and a really good factory bed yo build if from for about the same price as nice beds are going for around here.
My general plan is to keep working on projects that are outside for now, and hopefully be able to set this up inside the garage once it cools off, then just swap the bed onto the truck. Be real nice if I could find some install instructions before I get started though!

Can you post some pictures of the kit, what all is included?

I would:
A) Build it and sell it
B) Build it, and never let the truck leave the yard
Z) Find someone who can take those parts and make a mold. I'd hate to have a blow out.

Almost like a ram box. But way sweeter. I have nothing to add other than I’ve never seen that looks pretty cool.

I'll have to try to dig it out this weekend maybe, we put everything in the back of the storage shed because I know it'll be at least fall/winter before I get started on it.
I get what you're saying about damaging the pieces. I have no idea how to go about getting duplicate pieces made for spares. First thing popping into my head is 3d printing, but I'd imagine that would take a huge machine?

So it's basically brand new pre-molded fiberglass bedsides? So they come in a box that is like 10' long and 4' tall? And probably cost $thousands?

So it's basically brand new pre-molded fiberglass bedsides? So they come in a box that is like 10' long and 4' tall? And probably cost $thousands?
Think original msrp was in the $3k range. There's an outer skin, main piece, and some inner pieces too. Multiple stainless brackets and hinges, there are two carbon steel square tubes for support pieces. Again I'm not 100% sure how it goes together, the guy I bought it from is a friend so if something is missing, its probably still at his place.
Yeah, all new fiberglass, looks just like a factory bed when closed.

I would:
A) Build it and sell it
B) Build it, and never let the truck leave the yard
Z) Find someone who can take those parts and make a mold. I'd hate to have a blow out.

I think you could probably repair the glass, I have done some glass work on jetski's it was pretty easy I thought.

That's actually kinda cool. Do they have a version for training wheels? LOL

Don't most dodges have storage access holes rusted in the bed sides already? Just put your tools in the holes and use flex tape.

Yeah, my factory bed is pretty bad, almost fell through the corner of it a few weeks ago!

I bought some of theses years ago to put on my truck and have a long story that ended up with me not having money to get them done or a place to store them any more and they ended up in the trash. I just put fiberglass flared bedsides on my truck and painted it and still wish I had not thrown them away and had done them now that i had the money.

Back