High Boost = Antifreeze leak

killed300ex

Just got done putting a set of bd twins on my truck. before that I had it studed and oringed with heavy duty valve springs. I did both my retourques at 500 and 1000 miles last retourque was @ 126lbs. And now my truck will leak antirfreeze out form under the exhaust manifold under the #5 cylinder. You can see antifreeze on the endge/lip of the block and watch it go down the side of the block. Only does it after a high boost run. If I can keep the boost down it wont leak but once it does leak it will keep leaking untill the truck cools down. Any ideas on what could cause this? Or what I can do to fix it. Tired of having a truck that I cant drive like I should be able to.
Evan

coolant leak

did you retourqe it hot or cold.
try stepping up to 130 or 135

Blown HG?

perhaps? if u blew the HG then that could be the problem. A stop leak will help but its a bandaid on the problem...

Rick

DO NOT USE STOP LEAK, That stuff will clog leaks aswell as your heater core your radiator and so on.
Brandon

DO NOT USE STOP LEAK, That stuff will clog leaks aswell as your heater core your radiator and so on.
Brandon

Or don't use the flush. Had a friend put the radiator flush in a old chevy. Within a month he replaced the water pump, followed by the heater core, followed by the radiator.

Brandon

Gosh I have torn heads off of vehicles of customers who used "Stop Leaks" and let me tell you what. The one was called "Blue Devil" yea, it was a devil, in all the coolant ports nearly clogged up!

I DO NOT recommend using that, unless you feel like doing it all over again, 10X worse.

If you retorque @ 125 cold then drive around for a half hr and retorque again @125 then you will turn the nut another 1/8-1/4 turn... I always retorque hot.

Lavon