High Idle Mod.

brokeassford

Motor Man
Can anybody tell me how I can get a high idle installed in my truck ? I have the upfitter switches. Thanks guys and Merry Christmas

brokeassford said:
Can anybody tell me how I can get a high idle installed in my truck ? I have the upfitter switches. Thanks guys and Merry Christmas

It's super easy on '05 - '07 trucks equipped with the Upfitters. Took me about 15 minutes start to finish and the only thing you need is about 6 inches to a foot of 18 guage wire and two butt connectors. See here for the directions.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/contents/getitems.php3?'05-'06 High Idle

Merry Christmas!!!

BilletGarage said:
It's super easy on '05 - '07 trucks equipped with the Upfitters. Took me about 15 minutes start to finish and the only thing you need is about 6 inches to a foot of 18 guage wire and two butt connectors. See here for the directions.

http://www.thedieselstop.com/contents/getitems.php3?%2705-%2706%20High%20Idle

Merry Christmas!!!
Thanks, this is what I was looking for. My tech was telling about this but did not know just how to do it. Thanks and Merry Christmas and Happy New Year

brokeassford said:
Great high tech high detail info. You can't go wrong with this kind of help. Thanks guys.:thankyou2:

Just remember that the process is different for the '05 - '07 trucks than for the '03 and '04's. The directions given on the link I sent you is for your '06. The other directions I believe are for the '03 and '04's. Will be a piece of cake. I left myself an afternoon for the mod and spent 15 minutes on it. It's that easy.

Merry Christmas!

BilletGarage said:
Just remember that the process is different for the '05 - '07 trucks than for the '03 and '04's. The directions given on the link I sent you is for your '06. The other directions I believe are for the '03 and '04's. Will be a piece of cake. I left myself an afternoon for the mod and spent 15 minutes on it. It's that easy.

Merry Christmas!

Good call Billet I had not realized the difference. I wish they would have put switches in the earlier trucks.

snoboy

can someone show me what the upfitter switches look like? Do all 2005 f250 diesel come standard with the upfitters? I want to do this mod but do not know what to really look for. If i dont have the upfitter is it hard to do the idle mod?

f250sdford said:
can someone show me what the upfitter switches look like? Do all 2005 f250 diesel come standard with the upfitters? I want to do this mod but do not know what to really look for. If i dont have the upfitter is it hard to do the idle mod?

The upfitter switches are a panel of 4 factory installed toggle switches at the very bottom of the dash next to the steering column. They are not standard equipment, but an option on '05+ models. If you have the integrated brake controller they are right next to it. I am going to guess that if your asking this question you likely don't have them. If not, then all you need is to install your own toggle switch (with light 12V Power, 10amps max is all you need) and then follow the directions that shows you which wire to power for the High Idle. Pretty easy. Hope this helps!

snoboy said:
Good call Billet I had not realized the difference. I wish they would have put switches in the earlier trucks.

snoboy

Yeah, the upfitters are a nice option. I have three left to use now . . . Two will go to:
*nx*
So that leaves one for . . . I'll find something. :D

I did mine tonight. Works like a charm. Hit the switch and the truck idles on up and stays there until I hit the switch or the brake.

FloridaStroker said:
I did mine tonight. Works like a charm. Hit the switch and the truck idles on up and stays there until I hit the switch or the brake.

Congrats! Very easy, cheap, and helpful mod.

Back