High performance diesel fuel

beyondbiodiesel

Beyond Biodiesel
I have been experimenting with alternative diesel fuels that are based upon various waste oils that are blended with gasoline. I found that if the gasoline content in that blend is 20% or more, then I have greater performance in my engine. I have found increasing performance up to 50% gasoline in the waste oil blend. Here is a video on my High Performance Diesel fuel
http://youtu.be/W4MPGthS-Mk

So, I would like to know, EGT's before and after, dyno charts/.25 mile times, etc.

Feels like more power is different than actual power...

Interested in this but I want proof.

So, I would like to know, EGT's before and after, dyno charts/.25 mile times, etc.

Feels like more power is different than actual power...

Interested in this but I want proof.
Sorry, there has been no budget for dyno tests, or trials. I am just putting it out for anyone willing to try it for themselves.

hate to think of 100k miles down the road wear and tear, my motor is worth way to much to run gas through.

Sounds like interesting info, and that video reminds me of Ben stine in the clear eyes video LOL but it was way over my head haha keep testing and keep us updated.

Mikemaze, how do you think your motor will look after 100k miles of mods listed in your sig???

I'll let ya know, but so far quite a few of those parts have been on for quite some time. THat 64 mm has been spinnin along for about 40 thou now.

Mikemaze, how do you think your motor will look after 100k miles of mods listed in your sig???

Probably very good. We modify with the intent to protect and prolong the life while also increasing the overall performance of the truck. Everything Mikmaze has done has been done with a careful eye not to over extend the next weakest part. More fuel needs more air. More air needs better flow. Better flow needs more fuel.

He's worried about the effects that a foreign fuel may have combusting in his motor. It's a fear thing for the guys that daily drive our trucks.

Iker's right, one of the first things I did was upgrade the heck out of my trans, that way I wouldn't break it. I then proceded to upgrade turbo, intake, head studs, and nozzles as a package built to work together, then when funds came around, added a second turbo, valve springs and bigger nozzles, as a package made to work together. Then it was time to help flow more air with the aide of a cam, and you guessed it, still bigger injectors....... next big upgrade is waiting for release. No where along the line did I ever think about adding gasoline, with all the inherent water from the ethanol into my beast. But in respect to the op, he has an older different style motor, which may allow him to get away with it, them older motors will burn dang near anything, and have more space between parts and lower pressures all around.

You might have great results with WMO in those old mechanical injected motors but with a CR fuel system you will destroy the motor.

By the way, WMO is not "high performance diesel fuel", it is simply WMO and always will be. LOL

Last edited:
I have been experimenting with alternative diesel fuels that are based upon various waste oils that are blended with gasoline. I found that if the gasoline content in that blend is 20% or more, then I have greater performance in my engine. I have found increasing performance up to 50% gasoline in the waste oil blend. Here is a video on my High Performance Diesel fuel
http://youtu.be/W4MPGthS-Mk

Sounds interesting. Do you have any info on the cetane ratings of your blends?

Do you have at least EGT readings? That will help a lot.
No, I do not have EGT readings.
You might have great results with WMO in those old mechanical injected motors but with a CR fuel system you will destroy the motor.
Actually I am on a number of alternative diesel fuels forums and those who claim success burning WMO have common rail direct injected, turbocharged diesel engines; whereas most of those who have old IDI non-turbo diesel engines, like myself, tend to coke their injectors in no time on WMO.
By the way, WMO is not "high performance diesel fuel", it is simply WMO and always will be. LOL
I am not proposing the use of any waste oil as a "high performance diesel fuel." I am simply proposing here a blend of oil with gasoline. Your source of oil is your business. However, I do use waste oils to blend with gasoline, and the resulting blend gives my ancient beast higher performance. I just thought those who are interested in high performance diesel engines might be interested in fuel blending to maximize the performance of their diesel engines.
Sounds interesting. Do you have any info on the cetane ratings of your blends?
No

whereas most of those who have old IDI non-turbo diesel engines, like myself, tend to coke their injectors in no time on WMO.

Knowing how to correctly modify the injector, and knowing how to run the idi correctly, you will NOT have coking or buildup.
Glowplugs HATE wmo.
Pistons HATE the extended burn time of wmo.

Yes, my idi burns wmo nicely. Yes, it is modified. Yes, I have run certain percentages of gas... no, it does NOT like that for extended periods of time.

It seems like water meth might be a good way to prevent coking while using these alternative fuels.

I have been experimenting with alternative diesel fuels that are based upon various waste oils that are blended with gasoline. I found that if the gasoline content in that blend is 20% or more, then I have greater performance in my engine. I have found increasing performance up to 50% gasoline in the waste oil blend.

So you're adding octane to a fuel that's auto combusting in a diesel engine?

The quotes below can be found at http://en.wikipedia.org/
Principles

Octanes are a family of hydrocarbon that are typical components of gasoline. They are colourless liquids that boil around 125 °C (260 °F). One member of the octane family, isooctane, is used as a reference standard to benchmark the tendency of gasoline, petrol, or benzin fuels to resist self-igniting. Self-ignition leads to inefficiencies (or even engine damage) if it occurs during compression prior to the desired position of the piston in the cylinder as appropriate for valve and ignition timing. The problem of premature ignition is referred to as pre-ignition and also as engine knock, which is a sound that is made when the fuel ignites too early in the compression stroke.

Severe knock causes severe engine damage, such as broken connecting rods, melted pistons, melted or broken valves and other components. The octane rating is a measure of how likely a gasoline or liquid petroleum fuel is to self ignite. The higher the number, the less likely an engine is to pre-ignite and suffer damage.

Chemical relevance

Cetane is a collection of un-branched open chain alkane molecule that ignites very easily under compression, so it was assigned a cetane number of 100, while alpha-methyl naphthalene was assigned a cetane number of 0. All other hydrocarbons in diesel fuel are indexed to cetane as to how well they ignite under compression. The cetane number therefore measures how quickly the fuel starts to burn (auto-ignites) under diesel engine conditions. Since there are hundreds of components in diesel fuel, with each having a different cetane quality, the overall cetane number of the diesel is the average cetane quality of all the components.

Do you care to explain further how this can possibly be a "performance diesel fuel"?

I am not proposing the use of any waste oil as a "high performance diesel fuel."
Your username, thread title and first post indicate otherwise! LOL

Last edited:
Slap an EGT gauge on there. That will tell quite a bit by itself.

For all we know, you are heating up the engine for awhile before the video trying to make your blend look good.

Low budget or not, seat of the pants butt dynoing is not a good measurement. Like said before, for all we know, you could have tried going up those hills with a cold trans and diesel, got it warmed up, threw in your blend, and viola! It climbs it faster.

Most of the people here use direct injection. Comparing how an IDI and DI reacts to fuel is like comparing how an NA and Forced Induction gas engines reacts to different fuels.

why not cut it with something lke oh i dunno, diesel? or if you are trying to get away from the pump, cut it with straight bio. heck since the wmo has the lubricity, cut it with kero, jp4 or any of the other cetane base fuels.

I think this might be the guy on PSN who try's telling all the guys there to run 100+psi fuel pressure and add more gas to the wmo and it won't hurt a thing. Even though he doesn't have and has never had a power stroke. But it works on his 6.2 so it has to work on a power stroke.

Back