high power mechanical 6.0

high toned sob

No Smoke
the motor is a '03 model, all stock. The truck is a 91 1ton CCSB chevy. The plan is convert to mechanical injection. Planning on p-pump, my dodges are p-pumps and i have really grown to like them.
I do not have a FICM, pcm/harness, or much more to keep it electronic. So that's not really an option. Just a complete engine.
What is it going to take to turn 5-6k RPM, engine build wise? Crank, rods, girdle, head modifications/cam, etc.
The truck has a tilt frontend, there is a TON of room under the hood. The intercooler I am planning on is pretty big, 4" inlet/outlets.
I was thinking of twin factory turbo's on each bank, controlled by fleece's standalone controller. I wouldn't be against compounds though, if high boost is needed instead. I am just saying I can put the turbo's wherever, however.
Looking for an engine that could hold togather at 700-800 hp. Will most likely mostly only be around 600hp. Jump to max power around fair-time.
opinions are parts please
thanks, mike

Your not askin much are you! A 6.0 powerstroke p-pumped and in a quad chevy right?
I believe u would be better of doin a 7.3 powerstroke and using hypermaxes kit its only $15k

I thought the 6.0 would have more potential with a p-pump. I saw hypermax's kit, pretty impressive.
I don't need to buy some of the stuff. I am planning on 12-14k to do what i want to do. Hopefully, all I will be buying is the pump/injectors/have CDS do the lines. I will make the pump drive myself. I have quite a few turbo's already. Maybe the right ones, maybe not.
I want to do this with my 6.0

It that's the only hp level you're looking at I'd say just buy the wiring you need. You can get 600rwhp out of a 6.0 relatively easy and for a fair bit less than 12-14k.

All that work and money and you are only hoping for 600hp? That can be had for half of $14k. A little more than half if you add in a transmission.

5-6k rpm and capability of 800hp

take a bone stock 6.0, and with 7 grand i can do that? who, what, where? i'm not counting the cost of the trans.

wow what? that's not a very helpful post, got something to say? I have the engine, I have the truck, I'm working on the transmission adapter. I'm just looking for a better way to run the engine than the electronics.
Can you offer some tips, advice?

I think the point everyone's trying to make as that it probably won't be worth the trouble. A stock 6.0 engine can do that 600-800 hp level (with headstuds of course). Is making that same hp level at 5-6k gonna be worth the thousands of dollars you're gonna have to spend vs just buring the wiring harnesses and stuff you need to make it do it at a lower rpm? And fwiw, a bone stock 5r110 will hold 500rwhp. A built 5r110 is only about $3500, and you can probably get one cheaper than that.

That said, if you were to p-pump it, you'd have some solid groundwork for making significantly more hp than what you're asking for. You'd have to change out rods and stuff then though.

But there's a couple of 6.0's over the 1000rwhp mark that have stock engines other than Hypermax rods and some small misc. stuff.

I think the point everyone's trying to make as that it probably won't be worth the trouble. A stock 6.0 engine can do that 600-800 hp level (with headstuds of course). Is making that same hp level at 5-6k gonna be worth the thousands of dollars you're gonna have to spend vs just buring the wiring harnesses and stuff you need to make it do it at a lower rpm? And fwiw, a bone stock 5r110 will hold 500rwhp. A built 5r110 is only about $3500, and you can probably get one cheaper than that.

That said, if you were to p-pump it, you'd have some solid groundwork for making significantly more hp than what you're asking for. You'd have to change out rods and stuff then though.

But there's a couple of 6.0's over the 1000rwhp mark that have stock engines other than Hypermax rods and some small misc. stuff.

What he said, plus I'm just really surprised to see someone using that engine for this type of platform, with that power goal.

I already have 2 12 valves, I like p-pumps, and after doing some work on the 6.0, I think that they have ALOT of potential, just have to get past some of the weak points. I also think that once the years stack up like they have with 12 valves, and there is more time and money for r&d in these engines, they will become more and more liked.
thanks guys

however, i don't have "unlimited" funds, and if i would just be throwing money away, then maybe it's not worth it. I guess I need to price all the electronics I'll need.
Lubeowner, did you get my p.m.?

And make it stay together at that level ????? For 5K $ best of luck.

not that much to it. I'm at 500+ on #2 and only at 3800$ I should make 600+ with the new setup and I'll be at close to 5500 - 6000$

gee a 6.0 has a stout bottom end all you need is studs what makes you think they just come apart?

And make it stay together at that level ????? For 5K $ best of luck.

they stay together if they are put together correctly. i love them lol. just wait till you see one that is 500ci and revs over 6k. might make you crap your pants lol.

Let's just sum up what you are wanting and asking about.

You want to drop 8-10k (leaving 3-4k to your "turbo" plans) on the fuel system of a 6.0.

Here is why people are taking that as foolish, First off the stock fuel system with the exception of a good set of injectors is more than capable of your upper HP goal. The stock bottom end will spin out to over 5k but with the cam profile and junk heads there is no power to be gained anyway. So all this money tied up into "fixing" the fuel system on this engine is going to one of the few places that does not need fixed.

Then you claim to know all about p-pumps and are going to build a timed gear drive(no small feat by any means on that engine), mounts, injectors, and other extra's but you don't know what other area's will be an issue. A 30 second search will yield hundreds of threads about blown head gaskets, oil cooler issues, failed fire rings, warped and cracked heads by the dozens, failed stud installs and on and on.

My advice to you would be to to invest your money into fixing the issues that hold the engine back as it is now. Poor cam profiles that lead to extreme backpressure at high HP levels and the incurred heat. Poorly flowing heads with severe construction issues that lead to almost certain cracking starting at the valve seats. And the ever apparent issue with sealing the heads to block at the level you seek. A level that has been met and exceeded years ago BTW.

As for the turbo's if I am reading right you want to use 2 stock VGT's on each HALF of the engine? 4 total?!?... If that is the case, my advice would be to spend your money on educating yourself and not on a build with a 99% chance of failure before you start.

Back