high power mechanical 6.0

Let's just sum up what you are wanting and asking about.

You want to drop 8-10k (leaving 3-4k to your "turbo" plans) on the fuel system of a 6.0.

Here is why people are taking that as foolish, First off the stock fuel system with the exception of a good set of injectors is more than capable of your upper HP goal. The stock bottom end will spin out to over 5k but with the cam profile and junk heads there is no power to be gained anyway. So all this money tied up into "fixing" the fuel system on this engine is going to one of the few places that does not need fixed.

Then you claim to know all about p-pumps and are going to build a timed gear drive(no small feat by any means on that engine), mounts, injectors, and other extra's but you don't know what other area's will be an issue. A 30 second search will yield hundreds of threads about blown head gaskets, oil cooler issues, failed fire rings, warped and cracked heads by the dozens, failed stud installs and on and on.

My advice to you would be to to invest your money into fixing the issues that hold the engine back as it is now. Poor cam profiles that lead to extreme backpressure at high HP levels and the incurred heat. Poorly flowing heads with severe construction issues that lead to almost certain cracking starting at the valve seats. And the ever apparent issue with sealing the heads to block at the level you seek. A level that has been met and exceeded years ago BTW.

As for the turbo's if I am reading right you want to use 2 stock VGT's on each HALF of the engine? 4 total?!?... If that is the case, my advice would be to spend your money on educating yourself and not on a build with a 99% chance of failure before you start.

I never said i "know all about p-pumps". I said I like them. Please don't use the spin zone on what I say. And you are not reading right, I would like to use 2 stock turbo's.

You can't change the cam? Easy to get around a poor profile. You can't do any headwork to them to increase airflow/velocity? Wow, I've never heard of an engine that cannot be modified in any way.

I've done head gaskets, studs, deletes, engine swaps on the 6.0's. I will admit I"ve never been into the bottom end very far. Have you?

I've done lots of 30 second searches on everything you've mentioned. I am aware of all of the issues that would arise even once you got the engine running. I would not just go dick deep without even looking first. When this amount of money is to be spent on a toy/project, it is not spent blindly.

ANyhow, thanks for all the info, I have talked with a few, and from the information I've gathered here, you are correct, I don't need the mechanical system for the power levels I want. I will stick with electronics, and still shoot for 800hp. Should be enough for what I want the truck to do.

thanks

What's with the attitude anyways? I don't understand what the post of hands clapping means. Do you agree with him chewin' my ass out? Or do you agree that the electronics are way more capable than people give them credit?

What's with the attitude anyways? I don't understand what the post of hands clapping means. Do you agree with him chewin' my ass out? Or do you agree that the electronics are way more capable than people give them credit?

I applauded the arrival of reality in this thread.

FWIW, I didn't think he was chewin anybody out though.

dont try to use 2 stock chargers. it wont work out man. run a compound setup with a fairly large set of injectors. the cam really isnt that bad either. just get a upgraded valvetrain, and all the supporting mods and you will be happy. i know i am.

Back