high pressure hydraulic lines instead of hard fuel liens???

i heard a flexible fuel line was used on the high maintenense dmax from exergy that won schieds this year when he had one break on the line. any truth in this?

I'd like to see the line you made, just curious of the construction, I dealt with some high pressure line stuff in Hydrogen fuel cell tech, sketchy stuff, and UBER expensive ...cant really see how its a cheaper alternative.

yet... stainless braided brake lines are always nice

They do make lines that will hold up to the pressure. Its what CR's use on the dual CP3 kits. But you still get a higher expansion rate than you will with steel lines, which is going to make for lazy injections.

It would have a terrible fuel lope. Might as well put a smoke switch on it and a barrel stack with some cockstars. FAIL!

They do make lines that will hold up to the pressure. Its what CR's use on the dual CP3 kits. But you still get a higher expansion rate than you will with steel lines, which is going to make for lazy injections.

Those lines fail.

Some industrial hi-pressure washers use the hoses withworking 3000bar pressure, with P7100 the injection pressure should be around 1300bar max.

So theoretically you can make the hoses , but cheaper will be to buy totally new truck

i know theres flexible lines out there, we have some for our test stand at work, not sure who makes them though.... maybe dipaco?

The only flexible line that I found to handle the pressure and vibration is from Exergy. The one I have is rated to 40,800 or 48,000 psi...I forget off the top of my head. It's 16 feet long, and we run 2,000 bar through it on a very sub-par setup that pulses badly at times. No problems so far.

I don't think flexible would be better or cheaper than hard lines on a truck.

--Eric

A company named PolyFlex has flexible hoses that are rated to 100k PSI. Problem is you could buy a p pump for each cylinder for what those hoses cost. I had to replace 22mm. hose on a CO2 compressor and it was about $600 a foot.

I love how people jump all over someone for thinking outside the box. We used Aeroquip steel braided nylon hose (not sure which p/n anymore I just know it was Aeroquip) at the dealership all the time for fuel lines. I'm not sure how much pressure it had but it is rated for diesel and will not contaminate the fuel. I'm sure they make hose rated for enough psi. I'm not saying its necessarily a good idea but it could be done.

It might work, but I don't think it would work well, seems like any flexible hose would flex enough to absorb a lot of the injection pulse and throw the injected volume and timing all over the place.

Back